Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Thought I'd give him a rap

As I said in another topic, about 6 weeks ago I was done with him tbh, had seemed to go backwards in his play and I would have been happy for the club to shop him around

Well the past 3-4 weeks he has really come on and turned me around again, has been playing quality footy, looks light on his feet again and dangerous with the ball, also liked a couple of his darts out of dummy half. Maybe the extended minutes was all he needed to get his footy back on the right track

Agree. He has been great the last 4 or 5 weeks. We are really going to need him if Symonds is out for a bit.

over 110 meters -offloads- try backing up everywhere. runs from dummy half. Good game by him for sure. But I keep failing to see that he is as bad as some make out.

Has been in good form form for about a month.

Must start next week, surely.

Played quite well at 6 in the last game of 2011 v Brisbane at Suncorp.. When he gets wider when playing in the centres he gets found out badly positionally in defence.

good last month from Jamie but need to see more of him in at dummy half. I would give Chisolm a run at half next week, we are going to be down on troops in the forwards as it is.

he was excellent tonight and has been for weeks. I don't think it's any co-incidence that this has happened since Toovey has started giving him more minutes.

Yeah nice to see him step up. he has definetly improved over the weeks to come.

He will be crucial in covering T-Red.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Thought I'd give him a rap

Maybe the extended minutes was all he needed to get his footy back on the right track

Well said KE and spot on. Credit where credit's due.

I've always been a Buhrer fan. Not sure if taking the first hit off the tap is his go, but he has some attributes not many of our other forwards do. Good footwork and an excellent hole runner. He also has a great work ethic in defence. His career has been a bit stop start in the last 12 months or so, but I just think he is screaming out for game time. I would like to see him utilised a bit smarter in attack and making use of his attributes but I think that will come, well I hope it does anyway.

ME is right re Ferris taking hit ups. He got smashed a couple of times trying that tonight and looked so much better running at holes. Decent footwork and adds plenty off the bench.

One of our Big 3 who came up from U/20s with Daly & Foz.
Love the guy (in a Manly sense) darting around wearing his little bonnet!

I just wish he had a few more pounds on to his frame! He takes on their forwards in attack & defence. Some of those hits have gotta hurt.

I think he has a big ticker and really applies himself to his trade.
No one can ever doubt his participation and potential in this team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2