Jamie Lyon and my pursuit of signature...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Saint88

Rookie
Hey guys, absolute newbie here and here for purely / maybe partly selfish reasons.

I am a St Helens pommie that posts on our own forum semi-regularly (redvee). A recent thread we had was "best player to ever play in the RedVee?". My vote went to Mr. Lyon even though he was only around two years. When he joined the club expectations were high, however once he started playing - well as you guys have witnessed, Jamie Lyon at his best is just an absolute phenomenon. He is the reason I fell in love with rugby and roughly 10 years later, I am hoping to get his signature on my St Helens shirt from that era.

Is anybody able to guide me in any direction that may result in getting this achieved?! I am acutely aware that on retirement Lyon is likely to sink into the shadows and go back to the farming lifestyle which he was brought up on. Therefore time is increasingly of the essence.

Your help would truly be much appreciated.

Contact the Manly Club, they will facilitate it I'm sure. Wayne Cousins is the most likely contact.
m[email protected]
+6 2 99703000 is the switchboard

As Killer is celebrating his 200th first grade game on Monday, the Club may even like to do a 'piece' with you :)

The 'farm' is actually in Warriewood, here on the Northern Beaches. Killer is staying local.

Last edited:
Hang around all the health food shops on the Northern Beaches and you'll run into him for sure.

I would think if you emailed the Sea Eagles ([email protected]) explaining basically what you've said here, then posted the shirt to them (perhaps with a payment to cover return postage - and an appreciative note), surely they wouldn't refuse your request. Good luck with your pursuit!

Killer is one of the greatest to wear our colours too.
We wouldn't have won both 2008 and especially 2011, without him.

Thanks for your help guys, email sent so fingers crossed I may hear back from them next week (time difference tells me it'll be Saturday fairly shortly for you guys and I won't be able to get a reply until Monday.

I'll let you know how I get on in case anyone is curious.

Thanks again!

Good luck. I'm sure the club and Jamie will help out.

One of my most prized possessions is a picture I have of Jamie with my son. He is a genuine top guy, a real typical country guy that is just a good bloke!

Contact the Manly Club, they will facilitate it I'm sure. Wayne Cousins is the most likely contact.
m[email protected]
+6 2 99703000 is the switchboard

As Killer is celebrating his 200th first grade game on Monday, the Club may even like to do a 'piece' with you :)

The 'farm' is actually in Warriewood, here on the Northern Beaches. Killer is staying local.
You're my favourite Sea Eagle stalker/encyclopedia HM.:D

Hey guys, absolute newbie here and here for purely / maybe partly selfish reasons.

I am a St Helens pommie that posts on our own forum semi-regularly (redvee). A recent thread we had was "best player to ever play in the RedVee?". My vote went to Mr. Lyon even though he was only around two years. When he joined the club expectations were high, however once he started playing - well as you guys have witnessed, Jamie Lyon at his best is just an absolute phenomenon. He is the reason I fell in love with rugby and roughly 10 years later, I am hoping to get his signature on my St Helens shirt from that era.

Is anybody able to guide me in any direction that may result in getting this achieved?! I am acutely aware that on retirement Lyon is likely to sink into the shadows and go back to the farming lifestyle which he was brought up on. Therefore time is increasingly of the essence.

Your help would truly be much appreciated.

A fellow Pom, St.Helens AND Manly fan. Obviously a very intelligent man.

Agree regarding Lyon as well, best player I have ever seen in the RedVee, and one of the reasons I became a Manly fan as well.

I was lucky enough to bump in to him in the club shop one day back in 06 shortly before the end of the season and he had announced he was leaving for Manly. I went in and bought a ball to go a play with my little brother, but when he walked in on my way out I got him to sign the ball instead and the ball was never played with, instead it still sits on display in my room to this day.

Good luck with your search for the signature man.

Hang around all the health food shops on the Northern Beaches and you'll run into him for sure.

Health food stores? I saw him regularly at Paddy's Pies, Mona Vale (a frequent of Andrew Johns) as well.

In fact, Jamie would be in an official Sea Eagles ute, and would be buying around 15 pies (obviously for the team).

A secret Donny Singe fitness technique ;)

Health food stores? I saw him regularly at Paddy's Pies, Mona Vale (a frequent of Andrew Johns) as well.

In fact, Jamie would be in an official Sea Eagles ute, and would be buying around 15 pies (obviously for the team).

A secret Donny Singe fitness technique ;)
Don't assume those 15 pies were for the team mate

Hi again Helpers!

OK so I received a reply from a lady called Elise who works in the membership department saying she would forward it to the community department. A week later I had heard nothing so I emailed Elise and asked her again to raise this, again she said she would and told me to expect a reply shortly. Unfortunately I still haven't heard back from the community department.

Does anybody have any further suggestions?

Thanks, Sam!

Contact @vidmar via the 'conversation' option up on the top right on this forum.

Not only is he a 'good bloke', but also a Pommie with good contacts in the Club.
Hopefully he is allowed back in the country after cheering Manly on in NZ yesterday :clap:

He should be able to get Killer to sign your jersey :)

Keep us updated and @Ella Kasmar , our Junior Manly Daily Reporter extraordinair, may include your story in her weekly column @:)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4