Jamie Lyon legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Just watched the replay of last weekends game again. I have to say with an unblemished record of heterosexuality that I love Jamie Lyon. What a legend, what a champion, what an inspiration on and off the field.I wish he could play forever for us. He's up there with Wombat,Bozo,Igor and Beaver as the all time best Manly players for me.

I just watched the 2011 Grand Final and that last try we scored made a tear come to the eye they way Jamie slammed down that ball over the line.

Beautiful stuff indeed.

mickqld said:
Just watched the replay of last weekends game again. I have to say with an unblemished record of heterosexuality that I love Jamie Lyon. What a legend, what a champion, what an inspiration on and off the field.I wish he could play forever for us. He's up there with Wombat,Bozo,Igor and Beaver as the all time best Manly players for me.

He is our best!

I'm struggling to think of a centre in the last 30 years who is consistently able to have an influence on the outcome of games as he does. Sure some centres might have scored more tries, but in terms of the overall package he is just all class on both sides of the ball. I think he's done enough to knock Snoz out of our greatest ever team.

Have loved watching Jamie play since he joined us, so obvious he was born to play footy

Masked Eagle said:
I'm struggling to think of a centre in the last 30 years who is consistently able to have an influence on the outcome of games as he does. Sure some centres might have scored more tries, but in terms of the overall package he is just all class on both sides of the ball. I think he's done enough to knock Snoz out of our greatest ever team.

That's a big call but I won't argue with it. Super league turncoat and outstanding goalkicker aside, snoz still wasn't the complete package that Jamie is.

I think he is overrated. We should let him go and sign Matt Cooper.

KIDDING! He's right up there in my book with his uncle Cliff Lyon!

The truth is that if Jamie had played all representative games he should have he would eventually be an immortal.

Without more representative honours he will sadly miss out on that honour.

If Meninga is being mentioned as a possible immortal, Lyon would have to be a chance. Lyon is a far better player than Meninga.

TWO DOGS said:
If Meninga is being mentioned as a possible immortal, Lyon would have to be a chance. Lyon is a far better player than Meninga.

I shake my head every time Meninga's name is raised in relation to becoming an immortal. He was basically a big mother who could break the line.

If that is all you need to do then T-Rex will be an immortal by the end of the season. He'll also be a dog.

I have said several times before on this forum and will say it again...

Jamie Lyon is a rugby league colossus.

Even his rare mistakes are brilliant.

I love the man (not that i know him) and, as far as i am concerned, he is amongst the games all time elite

The best thing is he just gets better as the season goes on. By September he is unstoppable. His class and football brain just shine through at finals time. He is truely a September man.

Frank said:
TWO DOGS said:

I shake my head every time Meninga's name is raised in relation to becoming an immortal. He was basically a big mother who could break the line.

If that is all you need to do then T-Rex will be an immortal by the end of the season. He'll also be a dog.
If that bitter turncoat Mal "what has Rugby League ever given me" Meninga was ever seriously considered for immortal status, then all credibility of the title would disappear in an instant.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8