Jamie Lyon reveals the DVD that he won’t be watching

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MANLY co-captain Jamie Lyon has revealed he has not watched a replay of last year's grand final loss the Sydney Roosters.

And that heartbreaking defeat won't provide him with any extra incentive when the two sides play tomorrow night.

Read More

They aren't the only ones. I still have it on on my Bluray HDD recorder too and I am no hurry to watch it any time soon either.

MANLY co-captain Jamie Lyon has revealed he has not watched a replay of last year's grand final loss the Sydney Roosters.

And that heartbreaking defeat won't provide him with any extra incentive when the two sides play tomorrow night.

"That's gone, that's a long time ago," Lyon said.

"It took a little while to get over in the off-season but as soon as you get back to training and seeing the boys it's long gone.

"There is no motivation there from last year at all."

Lyon makes a habit of not watching replays of grand finals he has lost.

"I haven't watched 2001, I don't think I watched 2007," he said.

"I don't think 2013 will be on the playlist any time soon."

Prop Brenton Lawrence has not put a disc of that grand final into his blueray player either.

"I don't need to watch it, I was there," Lawrence said.

"It's not something that is going to motivate me.

"It motivates me enough just knowing that we played four times including a trial and they beat us every time.

"They beat us in a grand final, it doesn’t matter if I watch the replay or not I will forever want to beat the Roosters."

And he said this week was a good opportunity to go out and do that.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/jamie-lyon-reveals-the-dvd-that-he-wont-be-watching/story-fngr8iii-1226966615980

i agree, although Mr jethro I deleted my copy about 2 picoseconds after it finished.

Won't ever watch it again.

Yeah I really wouldn't bother now @Jethro

I have watched it a couple of times; months ago now. And it does nothing positive for you.

Here's hoping Killer and co. set about continuing to right the wrong this year...Starting with tomorrow night, of course.

2008 all over again I believe.

It's really starting to look like a Roosters Sea Eagles GF. And wouldn't the turnaround we had in 08 be sweet in 14?

Not a masochist, just curious as to our collapse after Matai's try in the 56th minute. The mental affront of that forward pass try just too much of a burden for our exhausted pack :angel:

The physical toll of having played an extra match was obvious in the last 20. Gifty knocking himself in the first tackle was also a bizzare incident. :s

But its all fish and chip paper now, as 2v says.

Lets just win the game we are in at the present , and the future will be maroon & white again :)

I have every Manly winning GF on either video or DVD, but as a fan I just can't watch any that we've lost. If they are too painful for us as fans to watch I can only imagine how painful it must be for those who played the games and lost.

Its not uncommon really. There are scores of players from all over the league who can't watch GF's they've lost. I know from what they've said that the Balmain players from the 1989 GF loss to Canberra haven't ever watched a replay of that game, and I dare say that any most, if not all of the Manly players who played losing GF's have never been able to watch those games again either.

I'm with @mozgrame. Watching it live was bad enough. No need to go through that again

I had the 1995 & 1997 games recorded for watching when I returned home after being there , NEVER watched them, long ago deleted.

Ditto 2007 & 2013

Mind you lost count of the times I have watched 2008.

The DVD I won't be watching is Movie 43. I was unlucky enough to catch a glimpse of it on foxtel recently.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I had the 1995 & 1997 games recorded for watching when I returned home after being there , NEVER watched them, long ago deleted.

Ditto 2007 & 2013

Mind you lost count of the times I have watched 2008.

I took the boy to the last match vs Brisbane a few weeks back and being 6 years old and growing up outside Sydney, he largely is drawn to Manly only because he sees my support for them. It works mostly, but in this game he went from supporting Manly, going for both teams, to finally settling on 'the horseheads' as the result become obvious.

Sensing a talk about supporting through thick and thin no matter the result, as he was surrounded by cheering and happy 'horsehead' fans, would be a useless exercise, I hatched a Plan B.

The following weekend I put the 2008 Grand Final into the DVD and we watched as they tore Melbourne a new one. His love for all things Manly returned and now is looking forward to watching us beat the Tigers in a few weeks, on our trip to Sydney.

As a kid that hasn't built a sense of obsession for teams in any code, I just need to be more careful about the local influences on his young mind. I don't know how I'd feel if he grew up into a dedicated Broncos/QLD fan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7