Jamie Lyon says defectors have left Geoff Toovey high and dry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like I have said earlier Jamie is the key to our success, he can pull everyone together. If we can keep a good feeling at the place we will do well next year and help convince some of the stars to stay.

Great to hear Killer come out and support Tooves. Sounds like players are pissed with Des for leaving. I'd be very surprised if anyone followed Des after the rumblings coming from the player group.

Now they are the sort of comments you want to read before Christmas: well done Jamie, you are a fine leader.

Great to hear from the Captain, and the sentiment he voiced that 2v has been left to fend on his own.

This concern for 2v will make Manly even tighter :)

Interesting how all we hear is how these guys are all here for next year but not beyond

Berkeley_Eagle said:
lsz said:
Interesting how all we hear is how these guys are all here for next year but not beyond

Yeah I picked that up too, but hey 1 year at a time

Success breeds success; momentum breeds winning; confidence breeds security... (I'm making this up as I go). However, you can tell where I'm going with this; yes, one year at a time. Once the players get a taste under Tooves and what he has to offer as a coach and a mentor, they will have a hunger for more. :cool:

"Manly have been great to me," he said. "Crusher got me over here and he's a big part of my life. He's a great mate but I've got no intention of leaving. I hope to play out my career here. I won't be going unless I am forced out.".........That's great news, just what you'd want to hear from Jamie. Must admit I was a bit worried about the Crusher connection but Jamie has come out now and said that his commitment to the club overrides that. Even Ritchie could'nt make that sound anything but positive.Good stuff!

Moondog said:
"Manly have been great to me," he said. "Crusher got me over here and he's a big part of my life. He's a great mate but I've got no intention of leaving. I hope to play out my career here. I won't be going unless I am forced out.".........That's great news, just what you'd want to hear from Jamie. Must admit I was a bit worried about the Crusher connection but Jamie has come out now and said that his commitment to the club overrides that. Even Ritchie could'nt make that sound anything but positive.Good stuff!

Agree entirely .
Jamie Lyon is as inspiring off the field as he is on it.

the mauler said:
Great to hear Killer come out and support Tooves. Sounds like players are pissed with Des for leaving. I'd be very surprised if anyone followed Des after the rumblings coming from the player group.

from the story i'd say he is more pissed at de$ for taking the staff than leaving

lsz said:

that's because de$ put the contracts together, why sign anyone for any longer, he was hoping to be here next year only.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
lsz said:

Yeah I picked that up too, but hey 1 year at a time

If a player is only contracted for another year why would he comment on further years?

Every one is committed for next year and that is good enough for me.

It's business as usual after that.

****ing brilliant and exactly why he is a great captain, no nonsense and very down to earth. He is my Dad's favourite player and up there as one of mine.

Good on him

Sounds like they won't need "under the radar" bull**** to get themselves motivated.
The poor timing of Hasler's departure announcement 5 days after winning the grand final has already seen to that.

Brilliant stuff. If he stays past 2013 it will be fantastic. Was hoping he wasn't going to follow crush. Looks like that's the case.

We need more of these statements. Especially from the Stewart boys.

arty said:
Moondog said:

Agree entirely .
Jamie Lyon is as inspiring off the field as he is on it.

absolutely. agreed x 2.

byso said:
We need more of these statements. Especially from the Stewart boys.

Given the way the media has treated the Stewart boys over the last couple of years, I wouldn't expect them to be making comments, and I can't blame them. If Killer says they're behind Tooves, that's good enough for me.

I get the impression that some of the boys aren't too happy with Des at all. The comment about it wasn't Des out on the field but us players says it all. They're dirty for having the gloss and glory of a GF win taken away from them. They're dirty at Des and the Manly board for causing all this mess and I think there is going to be an enormous determination in this team next year. A determination to show that it was these core players namely King,Kite,Ballin,Choc,Gift,Killer,Matai,Snake and not solely Des that was responsible for this great era we are having. Whether they stay beyond 2012 who knows but I am reallly looking forward to see how these guys bounce back and stuff all the doomsayers words down their **** filled necks.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6