Jamie's Goalkicking....and more!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Freddie asked Joey before the game about Killers kicking and Joeys response?

'He kicks em when it counts!'

Truer words have never been spoken. Killer is the Iceman, the Steve Waugh of Rugby League. To be kicking so ordinary through the year and nail 5 tonight (at least 3 from wide), was sensational.

Anyway tonight ranks as one of my greatest nights....
1. We stopped souths making the GF (no more friggin Burgess tributes!)
2. Made the GF ourselves in a 2nd half display that was superb.

Killer's conversions of his own, Matty Ballins and the Wolfman's miracle were Matthew Ridge like. They never looked like missing.

Seems the work with ex-Socceroo Arnold has paid off.

Captain my captain.

True, Souths players & fans would be GUTTED!! Absolutely gutted!!
Last year their fans forgave them,
but to do it again!?
How about the faces on Crowe,
Holmes a Court & Albanese when they knew the Eagle enemy was at the gates & about storm their castle.

Killer is a legend.

Those conversions were crucial tonight and killer made sure they counted. So proud of his performance.

Since Killer worked with Arnold, he hasn't missed a goal. He kicked 4/4 against the Sharks (the last 3 with a corked leg), and 5/5 against Souff$.

Does that mean he's going to kick 6/6 against the Chooks?

JAMIE Lyon kicked 77 goals from 115 attempts at an ordinary success rate of 66.9 per cent during the premiership rounds.

Not good enough to win a premiership and way behind the NRL’s top kickers Adam Reynolds (90 per cent) and James Maloney (87 per cent).

Then along comes Graham Arnold, one of Australia’s finest soccer coaches.

Arnold is the A-League’s premier coach, having steered the Central Coast Mariners to victory in last year’s A-League Grand Final.

He also loves rugby league and watches the games every week.

His advice has made a phenomenal difference. Since the finals started, Lyon has kicked 9/9 attempts at 100 per cent success rate.

Typically, Arnold didn’t want to take any of the credit when I texted him over the weekend for a comment.

“One session two weeks ago,” he said, “Zorba (Peter Peters) called me to help out.

“Just a few tips but he’s always been a good kicker. It’s his good work and his handling of the pressure.

“He deserves all the credit mate.”

Arnold makes a great point about Lyon’s ability to handle finals pressure.

Fox Sports stats reveal that since 2007 Lyon has missed just four shots at goal from 32 attempts in finals footy.

In fact the only times he hasn’t kicked at 100 per cent in a finals match were against the Broncos in the 2011 semi-final (3/5) and the Cowboys in the 2012 qualifying final (3/5).

That leaves him with a total of 28 goals from 32 attempts at an 87.5 per cent success rate in the finals since 2007.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/n...6729451009

Why are kickers these days so good? Jamie is terrific when it counts. Reynolds is unbelievable etc.
Is it the balls? They must be easier to kick as in decades past it was really difficult to kick a goal from the touchline. Now they make it look so simple.

in years gone by they had jobs.

its the same reason they are so skilful and the same reason why halves can put the kicks on a 10c piece.

They are all full time pros and can put the time and efforts into getting it right.

Practice makes perfect is a cliche, but its right.

Zep said:
Killer is the biggest troll.

"Hahaha Lyon can't kick for s**t"

5/5 later...

???? Are you for real?? I think you've got that confused with someone else. Anything less than glowing praise from me to Jamie Lyon is highly unlikely.

Zep said:
Killer as in Jamie "Killer" Lyon not Killer03... Ahhh ok. Makes so much more sense now :)

Yeh I was wondering where that was coming from. My praise of Jamie Lyon borders on the obsessive (or so my wife tells me).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8