Jamil Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went and saw the game - embarrassing if that is an indication of the morale of club we are in deeper trouble than I thought. Jamil actually was one of our better performers - that is not saying much.

Feliti is so overweight he reminds me of Vave 2015 version.

Jamil makes his return in NSW Cup this afternoon against Wyong. Interesting to see how he comes back, showed some promise before his stint in prison green.

I only saw him play one game in the flesh, he looked like a younger version of Anthony Watmough - in absolutely everything. I didn't take note of any penalties or dropped balls though.

If he was anything like he was in 2014 he wouldn't look too out of place in our first grade team... even if we were winning.

At the end of 2011 the eels signed jamil, will and John to coach to a combined 1.2 mill a season or something stupid. None of them are there 5 years later.

Jamil has talent. Just needs a little time in the bigger league. But I consider him a probable first grader next year. Hope they resign him

I suspect you're being facetious, so let's consider the Hopoate 'contribution' to Manly's cause:

The simpleton father is a social hand grenade who has harmed (and continues to do so by association) the Manly brand, than any positive contribution he has made;

The oldest son left the club after playing in a winning GF side, with a bald faced lie about wanting to stay, on the same day it was announced he was leaving;

The next in line is a jailbird, who has yet to prove he will be worth the investment in him. And when you consider he has been around the traps for a while now, there is no guarantee that he will amount to anything.

Hence TEHL's thoroughly reasonable summation.

I suspect you're being facetious, so let's consider the Hopoate 'contribution' to Manly's cause:

The simpleton father is a social hand grenade who has harmed (and continues to do so by association) the Manly brand, than any positive contribution he has made;

The oldest son left the club after playing in a winning GF side, with a bald faced lie about wanting to stay, on the same day it was announced he was leaving;

The next in line is a jailbird, who has yet to prove he will be worth the investment in him. And when you consider he has been around the traps for a while now, there is no guarantee that he will amount to anything.

Hence TEHL's thoroughly reasonable summation.

Fair enough but I wasn't being facetious Terry. I just find it amusing when posters get sensitive about the ratings. They're meant to be a bit of fun. Not everyone wants to write a response and a quick rating can state their possie also.

In my experience Brad the dummy spit exponents have little or no contribution to make themselves on here. Hence my (now exposed) low tolerance.

I notice this comment attracted a 'dummy spit.'

How is TEHL's comment a dummy spit Ben?

As for the Hopoate's I think it's completely unfair to rub that name completely out of our club. Yes John and Jamil have wound up in a little strife but no ones perfect. Will ended up pretty good and I'm sorry he hurt your feelings about not staying at Manly. There is a whole football team of Hopoate's so don't let ones actions speak for all.
I hope this clears things up a little for you

Some of the Hopoates are not saints but this is about football talent, not social indiscretions. So many forget John's performances for Manly, scoring 69 tries for Manly and another 12 for Northern Eagles in the 90's and early naughties (seems appropriate spelling). He was a major factor in Manly's premiership win in 1996. Played a couple of tests and was a crowd favourite. Will helped Manly to a premiership before his move, Jamil seemed a rising star until his prison term and Sione and Albert playing in Manly's junior sides are two of the few outstanding local products we have, both having represented the state at their age level.

Thing is two premiership wins involved the name Hopoate for Manly. Its a little unfair just to remember the faults and to forget the positives. And who's to say that the younger Hopoates are not destined to help Manly to further premierships. I'd rather they play for Manly than not. I'd also suggest, as they say, that those who've never had an indiscretion in their life cast the first judgement at the Hopoates.

As for the Hopoate's I think it's completely unfair to rub that name completely out of our club. Yes John and Jamil have wound up in a little strife but no ones perfect. Will ended up pretty good and I'm sorry he hurt your feelings about not staying at Manly. There is a whole football team of Hopoate's so don't let ones actions speak for all.
I hope this clears things up a little for you
http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/nrl-player-jamil-hopoate-jailed-for-drunken-assault-20141210-1247yt.html

In February this year, in an attack described by Downing Centre Local Court Magistrate Jane Mottley as "savage and unprovoked", the 20-year-old Manly Sea Eagles player and a group of friends punched and kicked Alexander Christie outside the Ivanhoe Hotel.
When another man, Timothy Blackett, tried to intervene he was "tossed aside like an unwanted plaything".

Hopoate later pleaded guilty to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm in company over the attack.

A stomp on the head of a defenceless man, can not to be dismissed as youthfull exuberance :mad:

None of the Hopoate kids, since Will, show any talent worthy of accolades @:cool:

But the Manly Franchise will spend their monies as they see fit @:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4