• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ned

Bencher
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/04/18/isp_nsw_team_of_the_.html

12 – Jamil Hopoate
Club: Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles; 2017 TOTW selections: 1.

17 total runs, 167 total metres, one try-assist, two line-breaks, two tackle-breaks, one offload, 32 tackles, one try.
Hopoate was completely dominant in the Sea Eagles’ win over the Knights, defending and attacking like a player who has already spent significant time in the top grade. NRL Integrity Unit requirements have prevented that from happening so far, but in the meantime Hopoate is among the best in the Blacktown outfit.

Does anybody know who is on the NRL integrity unit? What accountability do they have and who to? What are the requirements for Jamil to play in FG?

Seems to me another instance of the NRL wall of secrecy where accountability and consistency hide. Another instance of the joke that is the NRL IMO.

Just the down side of being a fringe player. Heaps of 1st graders running around who have been in jail, bashed their girlfriend/wife, done drugs, done dogs, cheated the salary cap etc etc. They roll out the crap about "he needs footy for normality, he's genuinely sorry, he's a good bloke, he's learnt his lesson" Different rules for the stars.

Just the down side of being a fringe player. Heaps of 1st graders running around who have been in jail, bashed their girlfriend/wife, done drugs, done dogs, cheated the salary cap etc etc. They roll out the crap about "he needs footy for normality, he's genuinely sorry, he's a good bloke, he's learnt his lesson" Different rules for the stars.
You missed "it's not his go."

Nobody knows, and that's kind of the point I wanted to make. Who is accountable? What are the requirements??
The Integrity Unit is case based.
The NRL own the game, therefore they are not accountable to anyone - it's their Brand that they seek to promote and protect @:cool:

As JH has a conviction, it could be related to Parole etc
Basically it's a lawyers playground.

The NRL must be sick of footing bills to deal with off field player issues :cool:

JH is young enough to get his turn. :nod:

Same as last week when someone asked - nobody knows.

Pretty sure as soon as someone even has a sniff it will be posted up here

He spent time in the slammer. He destroyed someone's life. So what if he can play football. Let him show he is reformed. I'd personally be happy for him to learn how much he has lost by staying on the sidelines a lot longer.

There are a heap of just as talented players who have lost the chance due to knee injuries not because they kicked someone into unconsciousness.

This is a rebuilding year. And one without a heap of cap space.

Just my thoughts.

Compare with Russell Packer, another who was jailed for cowardly thuggery.

Both appealed their sentences, Packer ended up with 2 years, with 12months non-parole (time in jail). He was released in January 2015, and his sentence concluded in January 2016. He was cleared to play NRL in December 2015, while still on parole.

Hopoate got 18 months, with 9 months non-parole. He was released in October 2015, and his sentence concluded in July 2016. In September 2016 the NRL denied his application saying he was "required to undertake a range of rehabilitation work and that rehabilitation has not yet been undertaken".

If Hopoate still hasn't done what they asked, the question is "why not'?

@Turbo1
reference our conversation about Rein "perhaps the form player of the comp"

9 – Mitch Rein
Club: Penrith Panthers; 2017 TOTW selections: 3.

Two tackle-breaks, 51 tackles.
Perhaps the form player of the competition, Mitch Rein is among the league’s best yet again despite his side narrowly going down to the Jets. With more tackles than any other player in Round 7, it’s simply the large defensive effort that gets him into the team this time – his fourth selection of 2017.

I not sure if club pushing point. Look at zane tetavano as well. In thoery he should be clear, i believe we invested into bainbridge more

The Integrity Unit is case based.
The NRL own the game, therefore they are not accountable to anyone - it's their Brand that they seek to promote and protect @:cool:

The NRL own the NRL competition not the game, and the way they are missmanaging it we'll end up like the ARU before too long. I understand they are not accountable to anybody, but I'm suggesting they should be. As @SeaEagleRock8 showed there seems to be little consistency from cases that look similar from the outside. If they're not I don't think it's unreasonable for the Integrity unit to explain why. If they can obscure and just run things without question they will, I think we should at least try to get some answers off our NRL overlords.

Ned Manly wanted to pick Hoppa last September to play centre when Walker was injured, must have been final round. They said no.

• 📚
Reactions: Ned
He'd be better off if he bashed his girlfriend and got busted for drugs a couple of times like a certain Parra centre.

The media and the nrl never disclose the entire story, and even in court the entire truth doesn't always count. I know for a fact that an ex nrl player who was in the spot light for DV offences was found not guilty in court. Only because the victim never gave evidence in court. But the nrl painted the idea that it was a false allegation

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7