Jared Waerea Hargreaves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
I saw channel 9 news are advertising a big story on Jared,saying how brutal he is and in their words how he is going to be the "next big thing",it will air tomorrow i think.To have a story like this on such a young player pretty new to first grade is a big wrap for him,i really wanted to see him get re-signed to us,its a pity we had to let him go and it will be even more of a pity if he does become the next big thing,can someone plz tell me how we let him go but managed to sign Gualavo for a year,i mean i like big joe but what are the workings of the salary cap for this to happen? maybe if orford didnt drag us on for so long we may have kept JWH *Shrugs*,anyway it's just bloody unfortunate  :'( I would have loved to watch the story if he was still at manly,now it feels like watching it is like watching the girl you still like go out with another bloke  :'(

The girl wanted a diamond ring and you weren't prepared to sell your soul. You made the right decision. Good luck to Jared but I expect he will miss Manly more than we miss him.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
The girl wanted a diamond ring and you weren't prepared to sell your soul. You made the right decision. Good luck to Jared but I expect he will miss Manly more than we miss him.
good analogy,i hope youre right,things i have been hearing and reading are touting him as something very special...

Just get over it.  He hasn't done anything yet to suggest he's a superstar.

Lets look to the future and not dwell on the past.  There are some young guys in our U20's side that we should be focusing on, not some guy who skipped out on us to join another team.

Don't get me wrong, brutal is good, but if he is so brutal that he injures himself before he even gets on the field then maybe its better that he is in the chooks salary cap and not ours.

I watched him last year and he did nothing special for us.  Sure he comes on with the big shoulder hits, but there were certainly a lot of misses along the way.  I like Joe's grunt style of play rather than the flair of JWH.  I would ponder the thought that players like JWH suffer injuries more often than grunts like Joe.  Anyway, if players chase a few more dollars than we can offer, then that's that really. 

Yeah i don't know where all these wraps are coming from....good Toyota cup player, but just a face in the crowd for NRL

I think he will go on to become a good player. Not great, but he will be better than the average NRL player if he stays fit.

Why would Manly pay the big money offered to him by the roosters when he is untried at NRL level? 

Big money for Burgess yes but Hargraves no.

tookey link said:
Why would Manly pay the big money offered to him by the roosters when he is untried at NRL level? 

Big money for Burgess yes but Hargraves no.

Remember Dallas Rennie? Good decision by the club to let JWH go and not pay big bucks for him.

JWH was pretty shattered to have to leave. If Ox had've made his mind up earlier, he defo would've stayed. He would've stayed at Manly for less than the Rooters offered him but it still had to be better than an insult. We only picked up big Joe after Ox ran out.

I can see him coming back.

Chrisos said "To have a story like this on such a young player pretty new to first grade is a big wrap for him,"
More to the point it is a big beat up for someone who has played a handful of first grade games and some tests for the kiwis (which NZ player hasn't played a test for the kiwis!?). In his last match against Melb and the test against Aust he showed good toughness and agro. In al the other 1st grade games he played for us last year his net value was negative.

Clon - I agree with your assessment. He probably will end up being an above average 1st grader if he keeps fit but at the moment he has a very small resume to justify the hyped voiceover baloney in the ad for that story.

Duff - have you had direct conversations with him or family? Interested in the accuracy of that summation.

I thnk Des/Crusher haven't made too many wrong calls over the years on player acqusition/retention so I will rely on their assessment.

I would think they would have kept him if they really wanted do - I have heard that the club was concerned about him being able to sustain playing 1st grade for long/consistant period ie injury prone.

Well i guess we will just have to wait and see if he turns out to be the star they are tipping him to be,i will be interested to see how it all pans out.

Bradza link said:
Chrisos said \"To have a story like this on such a young player pretty new to first grade is a big wrap for him,\"
More to the point it is a big beat up for someone who has played a handful of first grade games and some tests for the kiwis (which NZ player hasn't played a test for the kiwis!?). In his last match against Melb and the test against Aust he showed good toughness and agro. In al the other 1st grade games he played for us last year his net value was negative.

Clon - I agree with your assessment. He probably will end up being an above average 1st grader if he keeps fit but at the moment he has a very small resume to justify the hyped voiceover baloney in the ad for that story.

Duff - have you had direct conversations with him or family? Interested in the accuracy of that summation.

Yeah, a couple of my mates have both seen him just out & about, independantly of one another. He gave them both the same story basically, so I guess it's either the truth or the official line.

When one of my mates said, "disappointed to see you go", his reply was, "You're disappointed? How do you think I feel?" Sounds accurate enough for me.

manly couldnt compete with wat the roosters will be paying him in his final year of his contract thats why we lost him

I didn't rate his form for us that highly in the games he played for us, and though Lussick looked better in the 20s, but JWH did convince me he will be a good NRL player in some of the test matches he played last year

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2