Jarrod and our depth for 2010 onwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
hi guys, hargreaves could be a loss but I can tell you (and I don't quote names or spin b___ ) I hope  ;D but certain top officials have doubts about Jarrods lateral movement in defence and slow playing the ball. I was told this by someone high up in the club, I had 2 others around me who heard it.

Jarrod is/will be a front rower, he's 110kg plus now, he's definitely a talent but I will need to see alot of 1st grade grinding stuff to see his value, bit like Tony Williams (paying for potential)!!

At present we have kite, perry, king, rose and cuthbo for the front row. You would think that we could keep this group for another 2-3 years (salary cap depending)

In 2nd row we have glenn stewart, choc, tony williams, darcy lussick who AGAIN KILLED IT YESTERDAY in toyota and who looks a beaver type player  yeh!!,

locks we have shane rodney and chris bailey

future 5/8 keiran foran (who was injured yesterday and still showed loads of class) and brett stewart (another Lockyer)

half: orford: 2 more years and then??? Hodkinson won't hang for another 2 years you would think, cherry evans won't make it, good player though

backs: william hopoate (could play anywhere) brett, mattai, lyon, robbo  so oads of players there

We cannot keep them all

I was impressed with Jamie Buhrer as well , he is a natural leader and is another Manly needs to keep

Lussick was on fire. Made 200 metres and didn't look out of puff at the end.
Hes a big boy too, in the Beaver/Chris Houston mould.

That would be a great signing BE. Great centre from what i can remember.
Where did you hear that?

Good to finally see the young blokes go round yesterday.

Was really impressed with Young Hoppa, Lussick and Kieran Foran. We need to hold onto these bloes if they play like that consistently.

How are we gonna hold onto Hoppa Jnr??? We have Brett Stewart at fullback already!

Nutzcraw link said:
Good to finally see the young blokes go round yesterday.

Was really impressed with Young Hoppa, Lussick and Kieran Foran. We need to hold onto these bloes if they play like that consistently.

How are we gonna hold onto Hoppa Jnr??? We have Brett Stewart at fullback already!

Good question.

I'm sure Des has a plan to just when he wants to bring Hoppa into the top grade as for Snake well Hoppa is only 17 so maybe Des will find room somewhere in the side for him when that time comes.?

Let's not forget the side will be different again some what over the next 2-3 yrs and by then Hoppa will be older so Des will have to have him in the side somewhere by then.

Dean Whare!! wow!! top class centre, I watched an sg ball game 2-3 years ago and he carved Manly up, big wraps on him, quality signing, maybe looking at him and mattai and lyon back to 5/8

Even though we are 1st in toyota, the obvious future players are:

Hoppa, foran, lussick, Cunningham (young prop who is very highly thought of in the club) would be the ones to watch

The rest are good but will struggle to go the extra step(like most kids)

Blake Davey has scored alot of tries but I don't think he will make it, seen him make some ordinary decisions whereas hoppa and foran are leaps and bounds ahead, blake isn't the quickest though

Cherry evans, not quick enough and slim build, great kicker though
captain and lock Buhrer: gutsy but too small for nrl as a forward
forwards tiopira and gray are big so we will see

Gee, if 4 can make nrl squad, that would be a fantastic achievement for crusher, david penna and des

God if we pick up Whare we could go from having no depth in the back 5 to an abundance with Farrar, Whare, Hoppa, and Sunilia all providing cover (even T Williams if we are desperate)

This Dean Whare was lightning quick when I saw him play, like Jennings speed off the mark and long distance, he was up against John Grieve who was doing great things in centres sgball, Whare got the ball, stepped and ran 80 metres untouched, you don't see THAT type of speed and skill in many players, possibly Jennings, brett, All during the game he ran riot, not just lightning quick but knew how to play. He was just quality around all representative kids, I remember thinking wouldn't it be great to have this kid!

Yet I also saw Tony Williams destroy us too, but Whare is built like Jennings so different positions etc

Things can change in 2 years but I remember seeing his name at start of year in Saints forum with fans wrapping him. Like Hargreaves, Saint can't keep everyone, especially if they want Hunt etc

Gee him and mattai and lyon 5/8 could be tremendous, and he played right side centre when I watched him, would fit with mattai,maybe Des knows something we don't with Jamie (re England)  hope not, lyon for 5/8 wih ox

if we had any doubts in Crusher and Des it seems to be all good again, They know who they wan't to retain and what positions they want to build up on

Darren link said:
hi guys, hargreaves could be a loss but I can tell you (and I don't quote names or spin b___ ) I hope  ;D but certain top officials have doubts about Jarrods lateral movement in defence and slow playing the ball. I was told this by someone high up in the club, I had 2 others around me who heard it.

I guees these are the same blokes who told us T Williams was going to be a superstar,and are now picking him in 1st grade to justify their stupidity.I think it sounds like comments coming from people embarrased by their inaction.This is as big a loss of a young player I can remember at this club and it is going to hurt.Anyone comparing the loss of JWH to Groome are kidding themselves.

Tony is coming back from some serious injuries and rehabilitation, also the comments about Jarrod were made at start of year, he is definitely a talent but we are chock full of signed up forwards, salary cap kills that. Anyway, like Dave Taylor at Souths, you can sign top kids about to braek thru in nrl quite easily, you just need the dough and salary cap space. 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6