Jason Annear 9s - Berkeley Vale Oval - Sat 25th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Manly are fielding a Team again, in honour of our Jason :angel:

Should be interesting to see our line up, as it could be a trial for the Auckland Nines next month. :)

http://bvpanthers.com.au/jason-annear-memorial-invitational-rugby-league-9s-25012014/

Those of you who still have Shame Hayne in you sites , can give it to him on Saturday as he is The Tournament Director :p

PS Manly won the Tournament last year, when it was a 7s :)

HappilyManly said:
Manly are fielding a Team again, in honour of our Jason :angel:

Should be interesting to see our line up, as it could be a trial for the Auckland Nines next month. :)

http://bvpanthers.com.au/jason-annear-memorial-invitational-rugby-league-9s-25012014/

Those of you who still have Shame Hayne in you sites , can give it to him on Saturday as he is The Tournament Director :p

PS Manly won the Tournament last year, when it was a 7s :)

Yes will be a 9 aside this year, but it has nothing to do with the 9s for Auckland as far as players being picked. My understanding is the Good Players for the 20s and NSW Cup will not be playing, due to their Coaches Wishes to avoid any Injuries coming into their Comp.

eagles2win said:
Didn't Manly say that as long as this is run they'll field a team?
They will be but your Better Players aren't playing. Coaches don't want to risk Injuries. I hope the Organizers provide this time plenty of shade for Spectators as last year it was around 35 degrees, No Shade, a Good Turn Out and One Tree !

HappilyManly said:
The event will also open the new grandstand, so the $7 entry may get you some shade :)

Thats good as there were plenty of Families with Babies and Oldies there last year who were struggling in the heat with No Breeze and it was Boiling Hot, let alone playing. The Canteen did well though selling plenty of drinks.

You guys should give Shayne a call and let him know how you feel after last years grand fin... I mean if you want to enter a team into the 9's tournament.

0429311555 :D

er yes but nothing overtly threatening of course :idea:
I am constantly amazed at the voice messages or sms that people send, oblivious to the fact its all recorded and available to police scrutiny! :huh:

SeaEagleRock8 said:
er yes but nothing overtly threatening of course :idea:
I am constantly amazed at the voice messages or sms that people send, oblivious to the fact its all recorded and available to police scrutiny! :huh:
[/quote
I hope its a Great Turn Out, would love to see more Sponsors get involved and would be great if it was played at Brooky, but can understand it being played up there.

I am Very Disappointed to see No Publicity from Manly regarding Jason's Tournament Today.Should have been a Write Up, Pretty Poor Effort and his father, whom I know well, would not be Impressed, seems like he has been Forgotten Already by the club !

Be fair, Manly are fielding a Team for a Group 9 event :angel:

Hopefully there will be a report on it on MWSE.

The event is for the Central Coast Clubs, so it would not be fair to have it in Sydney.

Love to see who Manly field, and how they perform as a unit :)

HappilyManly said:
Be fair, Manly are fielding a Team for a Group 9 event :angel:

Hopefully there will be a report on it on MWSE.

The event is for the Central Coast Clubs, so it would not be fair to have it in Sydney.

Love to see who Manly field, and how they perform as a unit :)

There are some people out there who do not know about it. They Promoted it well last season. The Manly Daily should have had an article on it today, it should have been on the Manly site, regardless of the Auckland Nines and whether they played it at Sydney or not, this was their Manly Team Mate, he played at Brooky Oval and his dad is still the trainer for Manly's NSW Cup, sorry but Poor Effort !

Manly at least promoted it on Facebook, complete with a photo of the team that was selected to play.

Manly won all the preliminary matches and quarter final only to go down to Berkeley Vale in the semis 15-8, who then lost to Wyong (1) 31-4 in the final.

You can see the results here:

http://www.centralcoastsports.com.au/shayne-hayne/jason-annear-memorial-rugby-league-9s

Sea Eagles sweat it out for Jason

Tuesday 28 January 2014 2:25 PM

The 2nd Annual Jason Annear Memorial Sevens took place over the weekend, with a team of young Sea Eagles taking part.

Click here to read the full article.

Shoe1 said:
Manly at least promoted it on Facebook, complete with a photo of the team that was selected to play.

There was nothing on the Main Manly Site leading up the game and Poor Effort from the Manly Daily to have an article or Promote his Memory in his Comp. Big Story last year about this Beautiful Manly Kid and 1 year On, Quiet !

Attachments

• 719511-jason-annear.jpg
    719511-jason-annear.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7