Jason King announces his retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

drower

big announcent within the hour

What's the big announcement being made in the next hour announced on twitter

RE: big announcent within the hour

It's Jason king retiring. Just got the members email.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles life member Jason King has today announced he will retire at the end of the 2014 National Rugby Leage Season.

33 year-old King, who has played 235 games of NRL to date, said he was ready to call time on his playing career after 14 seasons at the elite level.

He will depart the game having helped establish the Sea Eagles as the most dominant side of the past decade, a feat that includes captaining his beloved Sea Eagles for a significant part of that time.

“It’s not an easy decision to step away from the game I love. I’ve thought a lot about it, discussed it many, many times with my family and simply feel that it’s the right time to hang up the boots at season’s end,” said King.

“The Sea Eagles are a part of me and will always be. I was a even Belrose Eagle as a young one, so to have had the privilege of playing first-grade football for such a long period of time for my local team makes me incredibly proud.

“Highlights would obviously be winning the 2008 Grand Final in the way we did. So too the 2011 Grand Final, despite not being able to be out there on the field. As well as putting on the Blue jersey of NSW. They all meant a great deal to me and are memories that I will cherish forever.

“I want to take this opportunity to thank the members, fans, sponsors and staff of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - I can’t thank you enough for the support you have shown me over the years on and off the field.

“To all of my teammates and coaches over the years, I sincerely thank you. To Geoff, my current teammates and coaching staff, I’m looking forward to working alongside you all as hard as ever over these next few weeks. We’ve still got a job to do.

“Lastly, but most importantly, I would like to thank my family; my parents for everything they have ever done for me and especially my wife Jackie and our son William for their unconditional love and support.” he added.

Sea Eagles General Manager, David Perry, said: “Jason’s leadership over the years has been unquestionable, his service to the Club immense and time given to the game of rugby league second-to-none.

“Jason joins a fine list of local juniors who have played and captained this Club. We thank him for this significant contribution and wish him and his family all the for the future.” said Mr Perry.

Sea Eagles Head Coach, Geoff Toovey, thanked King for his loyalty and leadership both on and off the field.

“Jason has spent half his life with the Sea Eagles, and has been amazing player, clubman and role-model throughout that entire time,” said Toovey.

“I want to thank Jason for his contribution to the team and the Club, and we all look forward to trying to send him out in the best possible way in a few weeks time,” said Toovey.

At the conclusion of the Sea Eagles 2014 campaign, King will continue with his Law studies while also getting ready to welcome a second edition to his family.

Over his 14-season career Jason King has played 235 first grade games and was a part of the record breaking 2008 Grand Final side that won the Premiership. He also played in two World Club Challenge Championships (2008, 2012) with the Sea Eagles.

The former Dally M Captain of the Year (2012) and Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Life Member has been capped on two occasions for the New South Wales Blues and represented NSW City three times.

Bowing out at the right time, a great ambassador for the club, a no fuss type of guy every team needs. I bet several other players in the team are looking at this and thinking "That's how I want to go out.."

Long live the King!

It's good to be the King.
Great clubman who loved and gave his all for this Mighty club.
Two Manly legends bowing out in style on Sunday arvo at Brookie.
Give them a big win boys.
Manly by 13+

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10