Jason King charged, but free to play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Excerpt from:
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59807/jason-king-charged-but-free-to-play/default.aspx

Jason King charged, but free to play

AAP Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:03:34

Manly's Jason King will escape suspension despite being charged with a grade one careless high tackle charge from Monday night's NRL loss to St George Illawarra.

The Sea Eagles co-captain will be free to face the Warriors this week regardless of whether he takes the early guilty plea or fights the charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reckon that he should fight the charge seeing as though he will play next weekend no matter what the judiciary result will be. I couldn't see that there was anything in it really.  I think that it was more his legs contacting Bailey's back that toppled him over top of Saffy. The contact wasn't that bad in my opinion.

Daffy Saffy was falling when the tackle was made; nothing in it... but, of course, the video ref gets involved and orders it be put on report. UURGH!
I thought Jason was terrific last night. He played with real aggression and led our forwards. Now we need that aggression to fire up a few others.

Tough week for Saffy, Masoe was on a mission to smash him the weekend before last and he copped that one last night too

Getting what he deserves for going to rugby

He should challenge it.

He was only put on report because he has to be, otherwise the video ref can't adjudicate on it.

As Matai what he thinks of that rule...

MANLY co-captain Jason King has taken the early guilty plea on a minor high tackle charge and is free to take on the Warriors in Saturday's NRL clash.

King would have been available for the match even if he had fought the grade one careless charge and lost at the judiciary.

AAP

He's obviously working on the premise that he won't do another for a while... if only the refs thought the same about their decisions

Saffy is a south afrikan soft cock who will be a star in rugby because they are so f**kin hopeless.  

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6