Jason King

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MWSE

Bencher
Boy oh boy do I feel for this guy. Belrose Eagles local player. Been through thick and thin for the club, but yet again he has to watch another decider on the sidelines.

Feel sorry for the big fella as well but i'm sure he would rather be sitting on the sideline than enjoying mad monday

Jason King is one of the reasons we talk about the culture of Manly. What I love about the Sea Eagles is when players are injured you see them at the game/in the dressing room (like last night with Jason King).

Other clubs the players don't turn up to the games when injured, and show a general disdain if they are not involved.......not Manly, and certainly not Jason King. I've said it before, Jason King is Manly through and through. Whilst hurting he's not there, he would be ecstatic for his teammates and club to be there. A true club man.

He's had a shocking run with injuries since 2011. He missed the 2011 GF and he will miss this year. A real shame as he's one of the reasons for our success since 2005.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Who knows he may come back stronger than ever next year.

He may even help Manly go back to back in 2014.

Just a word of caution though. Please don't tip gateraid on 2V after the grand-final next week. It appears that when the players do that the coach leaves. (Never to return and never to taste success again.)

Killer03 said:
Jason King is one of the reasons we talk about the culture of Manly. What I love about the Sea Eagles is when players are injured you see them at the game/in the dressing room (like last night with Jason King).

Other clubs the players don't turn up to the games when injured, and show a general disdain if they are not involved.......not Manly, and certainly not Jason King. I've said it before, Jason King is Manly through and through. Whilst hurting he's not there, he would be ecstatic for his teammates and club to be there. A true club man.

And let me add to that, Joe G.

Watching the Donnie Singe video earlier I saw Joe running the drills with the team.

For a bloke that is effectively retired, recovering from an Achilles injury that prevents any chance of a return this year, to still be prepared to sweat it out with his footy mates on the training paddock shows starkly the type of culture the club has fostered.

I'm confident that under their influence, we have some guys ready to fill the void to be left by the departure of Kite and Joe G.

Joe G is an absolute champion. He has been one of the best buys for this club, and is an allround top guy.

Whilst I haven't seen that video, it is absolutely no surprise that Joe G is out there helping out where he can.

Daddycool08 said:
Just a word of caution though. Please don't tip gateraid on 2V after the grand-final next week. It appears that when the players do that the coach leaves. (Never to return and never to taste success again.)
lol, but no I distinctly remember Des being dunked after the 2008 GF (forget who did it though)

I just see Snake doing it for some reason with some help from another player.

Edit: Matai and Snake - 2011 thought - http://youtu.be/-c2OxhfC-zg?t=6m

What a champion is Joe. Big question is "will he make a comeback?" Will that hold Jake T and Sao back etc. What a great position for the club!! Look at the squad that includes the current 13 plus Hasson, Jake, Sao, Starling, Buhrer, Jason King (not in current team) Andrews, Gutherson, Hiku and maybe Joe!!

I'd love to see kingdog named 18th man and joe 19th man and have them kitted up on the sidelines on Sunday.

It's so sad that as co captain Jason has never been able to lead the boys out with Jamie in a grand final.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2