Jason Wells

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
I heard we released Jason Wells - is that correct.

We do have an overabundance of backrowers but i thought this guy had a lot to offer. 

Bit of a shame, Wells was a really good country fella and had quite a fair chunk of ability. Good defender and was fairly creative for a backrower, probably didn't show he had the gap-running ability to get an extended run in first grade. You'd never be confident he'd be able to get you 80m a match, but hopefully he gets a shot to prove that at another club.

For some reason I always thought he'd work well in the Tigers pack. Suits their style of play.

Any idea where he has gone Rambo?

Playing in the French Elite Championship League with Saint Gaudens. This is the top domestic comp in France. Most clubs have 4 to 5 Aussies in their squad eg Russell Aitken, Nick Youngquest, Kris Kahler, Chris Beattie, Daniel Wagon, Paul Franze, Dean Bosnich all playing there.
Wells' side beaten by top side Limoux 22-20 at the weekend. In the Limoux side was former Manly lower grader Sam Key.
Comp started in October and finishes end of March. Aussie boys can then come home to play here.

Good luck to Wellsy. According to a search that I undertook last night, he is listed as off contract with no Aussie Club for 2009.

Thats Lake CargelliGo with a G.
Wells was offered a deal by Manly to play with the Sunshine Coast Seaeagles but struck a better deal in France.
He WILL be back to a Sydney club in April.

There's no water in it, regardless of how you spell it.  Perhaps it should be renamed to Depression Theboatsdon'tgo.

Matabele link said:
He's a Lake Caregelico boy so he might come home to Group 11 and the Parkes Spacemen.

I'd say if he were to go home he'd be more inclined to play for his home Club the TLU Sharks in Group 20... (great competition).

geoffeagle link said:
Thats Lake CargelliGo with a G.
Wells was offered a deal by Manly to play with the Sunshine Coast Seaeagles but struck a better deal in France.
He WILL be back to a Sydney club in April.

Cheers for the info Geoff.

Good luck to Jase in France as well, and hopefully he gets a contract with a Sydney club in April. There are a few out there who could do worse than have him as their back-up lock...

Canteen Worker link said:
Who are TLU?
Sorry CW I didn't see this- TLU are Tullibigeal Lakes United (incorporating a number of towns/ villages including Lake Cargelligo).
Great Club- have struggled a little in the past but always manage to field a couple of sides in seniors even if it means most players playing two games. Have been more than competitive in the past two years and I'll be picking them for a top 3 finish in 09. (I do the weekly Group 20 write up during the season). The Sharks have produced a few good players over the years but probably hard to hold onto them as it's not the biggest joint and fairly remote considering where the other teams in Group 20 are situated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4