Jayden Hodeges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Rumour is Hodges finally he is getting a run again of the bench this Sunday. We've just signed Api and u know it clap ur hands.

2v isn't a fan of 2 hookers 1 is enough for him. Bozos influence perhaps.

I really hope Hodges has a blinder and remains part of our list moving forward. The kid is developing but he is a keeper.

Rumour is Hodges finally he is getting a run again of the bench this Sunday. We've just signed Api and u know it clap ur hands.

I really hope Hodges has a blinder and remains part of our list moving forward. The kid is developing but he is a keeper.

Agree Cliffy he set up tries in the 9's with in line grubbers and in trials as well. Hope you are right.

We cant keep them all and some one has to go

As I said in another thread, watching NSW Cup every week it's obvious he's been really trying to work on his game and learning to pick and choose when is the right time to run it himself out of dummy half and pinch some metres!

He definitely still has a lot to learn though, like how to control his white line fever when he's within 30m from the try line, because that white line fever brings out his inner ball hog, blocking his hearing of his team mates and clouds his decision making! Which means you will see him instinctively jump out of dummy half only to realise it wasn't the right decision and then try to follow on with the original play called; but more often than not that moment for the original play has passed, resulting in either a wasted tackle or an unforced error.

On the flip side though, when his instinctive play out of dummy half does turn out to be the right decision, it usually results in either a specky try scored by him or a specky try assist through one of his deft grubber kicks.

Good Luck to him if he does get the call up because his obvious efforts to improve as a player when you have a useless coach in Williamson, is definitely well deserved and a reflection of his dire hunger to play first grade!

Good Luck Hodges, grab your hard earned opportunity by the balls with both hands and go out there and kill it, leaving Tooves no choice but to keep picking you in the team! :)

I've been wanting Hodges to get a bench spot the whole year.

I understand Ballin is a great clubman and dual premiership winner. But he offers absolutely nothing in attack.

We desperately needs that spark from dummy half and hopefully young Jayden finds a good balance with dummy half running and giving good service to our superstar halves.

I've been wanting Hodges to get a bench spot the whole year.

I understand Ballin is a great clubman and dual premiership winner. But he offers absolutely nothing in attack.

We desperately needs that spark from dummy half and hopefully young Jayden finds a good balance with dummy half running and giving good service to our superstar halves.
Our forward pack cannot sustain a weak defensive hooker like Hodges . Ballin is the glue that holds our defence up the middle

Our forward pack cannot sustain a weak defensive hooker like Hodges . Ballin is the glue that holds our defence up the middle

I understand the amount of defence that Ballin does, but the current 1 hooker system is just not working for us.

The off chance our forwards do get a role on, Ballin isn't able to take advantage of it because he moves in slow motion. (Yes maybe possibly because he's fatigued from doing everyone elses tackling)

I understand the amount of defence that Ballin does, but the current 1 hooker system is just not working for us.

The off chance our forwards do get a role on, Ballin isn't able to take advantage of it because he moves in slow motion. (Yes maybe possibly because he's fatigued from doing everyone elses tackling)
This is why our club singed Api because he offers speed skill and strength in defence . Api is the complete model who helped his team win a grand final last year

Where did you make up your mind on this weak defensive hooker business?

When Ballin got injured last year there was that question but Hodges made 51 tackles in that game and missed only 1. If that is weak then every hooker is weak.
Watch NSW cups games and see for your self . Consistency makes a player good at what he does .
Are you telling me that Hodges is in the same class and is as tough as Ballin and Api in defence ?
If we are to be a better team next year and get of the bottom of the ladder we need to sign better players and that is what our club is doing

As I said in another thread, watching NSW Cup every week it's obvious he's been really trying to work on his game and learning to pick and choose when is the right time to run it himself out of dummy half and pinch some metres!

He definitely still has a lot to learn though, like how to control his white line fever when he's within 30m from the try line, because that white line fever brings out his inner ball hog, blocking his hearing of his team mates and clouds his decision making! Which means you will see him instinctively jump out of dummy half only to realise it wasn't the right decision and then try to follow on with the original play called; but more often than not that moment for the original play has passed, resulting in either a wasted tackle or an unforced error.

On the flip side though, when his instinctive play out of dummy half does turn out to be the right decision, it usually results in either a specky try scored by him or a specky try assist through one of his deft grubber kicks.

Good Luck to him if he does get the call up because his obvious efforts to improve as a player when you have a useless coach in Williamson, is definitely well deserved and a reflection of his dire hunger to play first grade!

Good Luck Hodges, grab your hard earned opportunity by the balls with both hands and go out there and kill it, leaving Tooves no choice but to keep picking you in the team! :)
Second great, well balanced, post from you have had read in 5 minutes bird up keep it up mate.

Watch NSW cups games and see for your self . Consistency makes a player good at what he does .
Are you telling me that Hodges is in the same class and is as tough as Ballin and Api in defence ?
If we are to be a better team next year and get of the bottom of the ladder we need to sign better players and that is what our club is doing

In the 10 or so NSW cup games I have seen him in I have never thought his defence was poor, in his 4 games for Manly NRL his defense has been surprisingly good having made about 120 tackles and only missing 3. So yeah his defence is up there with Api who is behind Ballin as are most NRL hookers

Second great, well balanced, post from you have had read in 5 minutes bird up keep it up mate.

Thanks mate appreciate the compliment! :) I try to view everything from a partial perspective and I like to assess all the positives and negatives before sharing my thoughts, hence why my posts maybe a little longer at times! :)

In the 10 or so NSW cup games I have seen him in I have never thought his defence was poor, in his 4 games for Manly NRL his defense has been surprisingly good having made about 120 tackles and only missing 3. So yeah his defence is up there with Api who is behind Ballin as are most NRL hookers

I agree with you Fluffy! :) I've seen almost every NSW Cup game this year and last and I've never thought his defense was a liability!!
His liability is his white line fever in attack but he's been working in that as I mentioned earlier!!

Thanks mate appreciate the compliment! :) I try to view everything from a partial perspective and I like to assess all the positives and negatives before sharing my thoughts, hence why my posts maybe a little longer at times! :)

A partial perspective ?............So you only look at some of it ?

I agree with you Fluffy! :) I've seen almost every NSW Cup game this year and last and I've never thought his defense was a liability!!
His liability is his white line fever in attack but he's been working in that as I mentioned earlier!!

His service to the forwards (passes on the chest) is the worst of the 3 mentioned but that is something that is improving as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4