Jeremy Smith Charge?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jeremy Smith is OUT of the Anzac Test after being charged with grade 3 dangerous contact for a 'head slam'. Facing a 4-6 week suspension depending on the plea.,that from RLW on FB

To be honest, I don't think that it was done on purpose. I think that the cause was more to do with the knights player who lifted the guy off of the ground. Smith wasn't even looking what was going on with Matt Robinson in the tackle at the time when he was trying to swing him over and then he even over balanced himself which did the damage.

839283-head-slam.gif

Jethro, you give him too much credit. Look at the way he forces his head down towards the ground and then for extra effect ensures that the bulk of his upper body weight is transferred to opponents head through a very hard and unforgiving elbow.

He deserves at least 4 weeks.

What about the other guy in the tackle? Is he on a charge? Seems to me he was the tackler who got the poor ball carryer above the horizontal.

Jethro said:
To be honest, I don't think that it was done on purpose. I think that the cause was more to do with the knights player who lifted the guy off of the ground. Smith wasn't even looking what was going on with Matt Robinson in the tackle at the time when he was trying to swing him over and then he even over balanced himself which did the damage.

839283-head-slam.gif

Thought the same. Looks worse than it was . I dont reckon he deserves a charge

I look at it like a careless high tackle. Intent or not he got his arm around his head and drove it into the ground, he was not trying to lock the ball up.

He's got his arm around his neck, and then puts his whole body into driving the head into the ground. He's a dirty, dirty player and deserves 8-10 weeks.

DSM5 said:
What about the other guy in the tackle? Is he on a charge? Seems to me he was the tackler who got the poor ball carrier above the horizontal.

I agree and I also think that it is a possibility that the way that the unknown Knights player picked him up and was then driving him into the ground, it could have ended with a bit of a head slam to Robinson even if Smith wasn't involved in the tackle.

voicefromthehill said:
I look at it like a careless high tackle. Intent or not he got his arm around his head and drove it into the ground, he was not trying to lock the ball up.

Volley said:
He's got his arm around his neck, and then puts his whole body into driving the head into the ground. He's a dirty, dirty player and deserves 8-10 weeks.

His hand starts off on Robinson's left shoulder but slips to around the neck as the unknown Knights player tips Robinson over to drive him into the ground.

I was with Jethro initially when I saw it, but now I am not so sure now. I do think slow motion makes it look worse.

As for the dirty player part, well you can take the boy out of Christchurch, but can't take Christchurch out of the boy lol

As the player below lifts the player, smith loses his resistance while he is creating force. As a result smith loses his balance toward the player and his forearm brushes his face in the fall.The natural arc of his fall due to his arm movement makes it look like its deliberate. Nothing in it

I didnt see the game, just watched the snippet above

It's an interesting case. If the other tackler didn't lift the Panthers player then Smith wouldn't be in the trouble he is.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6