Jeremy Smith Charge?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jbb/james said:
As the player below lifts the player, smith loses his resistance while he is creating force. As a result smith loses his balance toward the player and his forearm brushes his face in the fall.The natural arc of his fall due to his arm movement makes it look like its deliberate. Nothing in it

I didnt see the game, just watched the snippet above

Good summation jbb/james. That's the way that I see it too.

Jeremy Smith may be a grub player and ex-Storm player too but on this occasion, I don't think that he is guilty of a grubby play.

If he had kept his eyes on Robinson and saw what was happening and still forearmed him in the head, then I would say that there was intent and he is guilty as charged and he should cop whatever penalty that he is given.

Brissie Kid said:
It's an interesting case. If the other tackler didn't lift the Panthers player then Smith wouldn't be in the trouble he is.

Exactly

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Jethro. The bloke is ex storm. Should be castrated.
Jethro used to play for Storm? First I've heard of that.

News to me too :D

Smith had an opportunity about halfway to the ground to end his participation in the tackle as the Panther player was up ended and he started to fall away from Smith. In fact Smith almost loses contact with the player, however his decision is to then drop with the Panthers player and make full contact with his forearm. Not "looking" at the victim is the sort of excuse people use to defend Billy Slater's grubby little cheap shots....same here. Smith only looks away once he knows contact is assured.

I hope he gets at least 4 weeks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7