Joe G comeback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
From Zorba's Manly daily column 26/7 -

JOEY G'S FATE

YOU read it here first. There have been some suggestions in the media that injured veteran Joe Gulavao may shelve his retirement plans and seek to play on next season.

I can reveal that Joey G is gradually building up the strength in his lower leg after snapping an achilles tendon early this season. It was thought to be season ending but the operation and recovery has gone better than expected and Gulavao is quietly hopeful of being available if needed sometime towards the end of August or early September.

Now that would be a massive boost for the Sea Eagles on the eve of the 2013 finals.

His entry off the bench in the past few seasons has provided much needed power and impetus to the forwards where he has been an integral part of the team.

Would be a massive effort to return from such an injury at his age. Snapped achilles is worse then an ACL reco, not even the best athletes could dream of returning that quickly from such a devastating injury even if they were aided by some PED's.

But still here's hoping.

He deserves the chance. If I was the club I'd say we'll pay you to do the preseason and if we are both happy with how things have gone to that point we'll give you another 12 month, incentive based contract.

Don't call it a comeback I been here for years...

Shake it off Joe G and start working for a living again! ;)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg[/video]

The bloke travels on the trains from penrith to training etc, if the stories from the papers are correct....that is a massive effort...recovery from such an injury, from a bloke that can handle the train ride from that far out west, to me, would suggest nothing is too hard for this bloke.

I saw him at last home game and he was looking pretty fit. Would be amazing if he could make it back by the end of the year. It would be a fitting send off, a third premiership ring.

TerryRandall said:
I actually ruptured my achilles tendon the same weekend as Joe. Obviously I don't have the benefit of advanced sports science that he would have access to, but mine is healing nicely. I am currently almost walking without a discernible limp - but still no hope of breaking into a trot. My sense is a comeback before seasons-end (for Joe, not me) is entirely possible, though my doctor said no chance of running inside six months. Fingers crossed.

Ow!

Playing footy?

Drunk?

It would be a massive boost to Manly's chances if he were to pull it off. His go forward is massive, and even though he is down on fitness the way tooves has handled the interchange all year by not using all of them. he should be able to juggle a couple of short bursts

I wonder if tooves will then be the master of bench rotation LOL

globaleagle said:
TerryRandall said:
I actually ruptured my achilles tendon the same weekend as Joe. Obviously I don't have the benefit of advanced sports science that he would have access to, but mine is healing nicely. I am currently almost walking without a discernible limp - but still no hope of breaking into a trot. My sense is a comeback before seasons-end (for Joe, not me) is entirely possible, though my doctor said no chance of running inside six months. Fingers crossed.

Ow!

Playing footy?

Drunk?

Playing footy while drunk?

castle eagle said:
globaleagle said:
TerryRandall said:

Ow!

Playing footy?

Drunk?

Playing drunky whilst foot?

globaleagle said:
Don't call it a comeback I been here for years...

Shake it off Joe G and start working for a living again! ;)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg[/video]

And get ready when he pulls out his jammy 'cause it might to POW!!!

globaleagle said:
castle eagle said:
globaleagle said:
TerryRandall said:

Ow!

Playing footy?

Drunk?

Playing drunky whilst foot?

Playing footsies whilst drunk?

TerryRandall said:
My sense is a comeback before seasons-end (for Joe, not me)

C'mon Terry. Don't give up hope.
Seeing Igor running around in a Maroon & White jersey again.
I'd pay money to see that.

Clint said:
TerryRandall said:
My sense is a comeback before seasons-end (for Joe, not me)

C'mon Terry. Don't give up hope.
Seeing Igor running around in a Maroon & White jersey again.
I'd pay money to see that.

I'd expect Joe G to recover quicker than Terry Randall as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6