Joel Clinton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope he got his moneys worth = feel sorry for the bloke.  The most I ever paid was about $150.

I was about to start wondering if I was the only one that found this an absolute joke.

Poor bugger.

Would have been cheaper just to go to a brothel.

Seriously though, this is absolutely ridiculous. This is a huge over-reaction from the broncos... apparently he'd been talking with the girl in the months leading up to it so it wasn't a sleazy pick up or anything even though a sleazy pick up shouldn't have warranted 3 lines in the newspaper. But, a legit above board root gets you a 50k fine in the NRL. I won't be pushing my kids into NRL if this is where it is heading.

Can anybody recall what fine Hunt, Thaiday and Boyd got, if any ???

The were also free to play that weekend as well

Ridiculous penalty.  What is this game coming to?  Drunk while driving and you get a smacked bottom from the Rorters,  50K?  Crazy.  It's highly likly that the Broncos want to see the back of Clinton.  Maybe this is the way of driving him os.

You might be on the money DSM, apparently Geyer was suggesting he wants out of then Bongos on the weekend

Man if that is the penalty for having girls in your hotel rooms I would have gone bankrupt years ago.

The only roots I have paid for are with my life....i.e. relationships

Me too dan.

I agree with anyone saying I hink the broncos are trying to give him the punt and if that's the case it's a low act.

I love football: pissing out side $5000 - Racial insults - $10000 - Consensual sex between two adults $50000

He should contest that's a F**king joke.

I'd refuse to pay it, and put it in the hands of my solicitor.  They'd be negotiations, a pay out,  and off to ESL.  He'd go quite well over there.  I wonder what Gallopfool thinks of it all?  

Quote "It is the biggest fine in the club's history, exceeding the $20,000 punishment handed out to Darius Boyd, Karmichael Hunt and Sam Thaiday over the Alhambra Lounge sex scandal last year"

It all makes sense now this is 2.5X worse than group sex in a toilet where there was allegations of wrong doing ..... oh and they didn't miss any games.

I agree with DSM and Wheel, the only reason I could think of why they'd do that is if the wanted to see the back of him. It's a complete joke. 20% of his salary for consensual sex. The funny thing is he seems to be going well at the moment, plus they let Taylor go so you'd think they'd still want him.

Where does this $50k go? 

Back into bulging News Ltd club coffers?

Size of penalty v off-field actions v on-field actions. 
What is the relationship?  And would a similar penalty apply to say a Darren Lockyer in similar circumstances?

They could have sacked him without having to pay out his contract, so not sure why they would fine him as a way of trying to get rid of him.

Probably because he's more likely to contest a sacking, whereas he'd be dumb enough to crack the willies over the fine and ask for a release.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2