Joey missed at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
MANLY'S biggest problem this season is the lacklustre form of halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.

They are not just missing Des Hasler's coaching but the private tutoring of team-of-the-century halfback Andrew Johns.

Johns was on the Sea Eagles' payroll last season and put the spit and polish on the young stars.

Geoff Toovey decided Joey wasn't required this year.

The Sea Eagles are still capable of giving this premiership a shake, they just need more direction around the halves and Johns is the man who can provide it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-star-ben-barba-leads-the-race-as-the-nrls-best-player/story-e6frext9-1226432179219

Is it too late to get him now?

Our halves are doing a fair job, but they could improve their service to TRex, Glenn and Jamie (and Brett).

We need DCE and Foran to be at their best to have a chance of winning this thing.

It seems that Johns coaches almost every team. I'm not sure that is the reason. DCE and Kieran played a lot better against the Berries. Had DCE's kick to the unmarked Taufa not been miraculously intercepted by Inu he would have been hailed a genius.
I think it's just the bounce of the ball not going their/our way this season, wheras everything turned to gold last year.

Passing to Trex on Friday was the same as taking a voluntary tackle:dodgy:

Matai, who actually runs at full speed at a defender, was starved of the ball.:angel:

Manly need to apply themselves fully, they do not need anymore coaching:exclamation:

Halves definitely don't seem to have the structure or polish they had last year. Not sure not having Joey coaching them is the problem, but sure wouldn't hurt to get him back for the rest of the season. If it fixes the problem great, if not atleast we gave it a go. Nothing to lose IMO.

No use them passing it to t rex when he comtinues to stand flat footed.
And yes i agree if Brett palyed we won

DCE is having a learning year. He has had to carry much of the attack as Foz has been out, and this has led to him overplaying his hand a lot. Other coaches have worked him out a bit i reckon. If you let cherry run he will, regardless of which direction it is , and he essentially runs himself out of attacking options making him an easy target, and kills momentum

He really needs to pass a lot more and a lot earlier. If cherry was to be our general kicker, get quick ball to our backs and have the odd run, manly would be travelling a lot better in attack. He is stifling the attack a lot, But he is young, learning and hasnt had the foz there to compliment his skills so its not a bashing as such, rather than an observation. he'll come good.

Matty B is also stifling the attack with his darts from dummy half. While he earns the odd penalty , his scoots out of dummy half always seem to have an intention of attracting a penalty rather that really going for it. As he probably only gets one in 10 , he is wasting momentum on the other 9 occasions as he doesnt really look to open them up, rather he slows down and complains to the ref. But he makes these choices when we have the team on the back foot

As frogz also stated getting T rex to hit the ball at pace a couple of times a game wouldnt hurt, even as a decoy but either he or his half just cant make it happen

Foran took the line on a lot on Friday, problem was that no one went with him. No Rex, no Matai. He made a couple of half breaks that could have been capitalised on if he had support, also increases the chances of him making a bust if someone runs a hole outside him to keep defence guessing. Maybe losing Choc off that LHS has cost us a bit in that department.

Toovey decided that the halfback of the century - a man who helped guide our rookie halves to a premiership only a season before - was no longer required.

Foolish to say the least.

g'day all,if johns coached them all last year how much more can he teach them,theres only so much you can be taught.
cheers mike

Weren't there rumours of Joe E. Johns going off the rails earlier in the year and trying to coax Choc out for a night on the town? Maybe they didn't want that kind of influence at the club.

More Manly bashing by the knobs at the. Smellygraph. There must be a good reason for this Toovey is no fool. I trust Tooves on this one, F the telagraph!! Any reason to put the boot in, not one Manly player in Rothwankers team of the overated!!

What a load of tripe. Turtle has been playing very well and is part of the reason our right hand attack is so potent.

Foz has been injured and out for a good part of the season our issues have nothing to do with our halves who have actually been good and more to do with consistently getting a team on the paddock

mike walker said:
g'day all,if johns coached them all last year how much more can he teach them,theres only so much you can be taught.
cheers mike

This post sponsored by the Society of Old Dogs.

At times our attack this year has looked as good as, if not better than last years. However it hasn't been as methodical or consistent and I think you can put that down to as much as the lack of continuity in our team each week more than anything else.

That being said, I don't think it would hurt to get Joey down for a bit. He actually knows what he's talking about and he might have spotted a little thing or two which might make a difference.

No one has commended Foz on his remarkable kicking game on Saturday:huh:

That first try was simply amazing in the precision of the kick and the confidence in its execution.

I think the fourth try was a repeat but over a shorter distance. Proving that the first was no fluke:)

Kudos to the Kanga Kez - came of age when all seemed lost :angel:

No one has commended Foz on his remarkable kicking game on Saturday:huh:

That first try was simply amazing in the precision of the kick and the confidence in its execution.

I think the fourth try was a repeat but over a shorter distance. Proving that the first was no fluke:)

Kudos to the Kanga Kez - came of age when all seemed lost :angel:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4