Joey's comment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Joey said, he hasn't seen a Manly side as dangerous as this, since the days of Cliffy Lyons.

What do you think?

Watch foran closely when he goes to the line he looks so dangerous and has them guessing.

I could watch halves that play like these two everyday of the week

I thought it was a pretty complete performance by us tonight. Not saying we are at mid 90s level, but was definitely a gameplan that could win GFs. Solid defence and starting to create opportunities in attack. The best thing about tonight was our composure and patience.

WAMF said:
To put things into perspective, he also said Tahu was sensational.

LOL...I'll pay that.

We are going OK but let's not get carried away, we've got a while to go to match the consistency and dominance of that mid 90's side. That's the benchmark Manly side for mine.

Think Joey's comment may have had more to do with the options Manly have got on both sides of the ruck. As mentioned in commentary having Foran on the left and Glenn Stewart on the right it's like the Eagles have got pivot's on both sides of the paddock. Plenty of options and with links like Lyon, Matai and Hopoate and 1st class finishers like Robertson and Oldfield ready to pounce, it's no wonder that Joey is getting excited! That's of course if he's off the supplementary's that is! ;-)

It must be good for Joey to see a player like Foran who he has been involved in coaching flourish, and I am sure that if we achieve some success with him then he will never cease to remind us.

We were good tonight, very solid - I for one am waiting for the other foot to drop, as it seems to me that we never hit top gear and there is so much more if everything clicks. On that day we are going to blow some poor team off the park, and it will be incredible to watch.

Rusty said:
It must be good for Joey to see a player like Foran who he has been involved in coaching flourish, and I am sure that if we achieve some success with him then he will never cease to remind us.

We were good tonight, very solid - I for one am waiting for the other foot to drop, as it seems to me that we never hit top gear and there is so much more if everything clicks. On that day we are going to blow some poor team off the park, and it will be incredible to watch.

I wonder what joey thinks after going from a Manly training session to a parra training session and then working with Robson and Mortimer? Actually come to think of it, I'm not sure he's with the Eels anymore.

Masked Eagle said:
Rusty said:

I wonder what joey thinks after going from a Manly training session to a parra training session and then working with Robson and Mortimer? Actually come to think of it, I'm not sure he's with the Eels anymore.

He probably quit and told them it wasn't worth the frustration.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Joey had nothing but full of praise for manly i respect that.

Of course he does because he works for us. Its amazing how we can get angry with commentators because of their bias when they are talking about a certain club but when they are praising the Sea Eagles we think they are talking gospel.

TokyoEagle said:
The Hoppa milkshakes, wonder what's in 'em ?
Mrs Hopoate, who spends two hours mixing the Hoppa Drink - made up of watermelons, pineapples and coconut - has promised the players she will make the trek from her home in Campbelltown to the team’s Narrabeen-based training sessions to deliver the drink each time the team wins.

WAMF said:
To put things into perspective, he also said Tahu was sensational.
Which is a profound difference from calling him a black so and so.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6