John Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
So, there's plenty of buzz around the fact we have signed Tom Wright...but the other Rugby player, John Walker, has been pretty much overlooked (unless I missed something earlier - checked, but mainly just jokes about his name...).

Not much to be found on him, except a few schoolboy rugby references. Anyone know more? I see he played in the 2013 National finals, for NSW 2. Interestingly, Joey Lussick was the scrum half that day.

It seems he plays at number 8 in rugby - equivalent to a lock in League, sometimes called on as a third lineout option as well. So that makes him a tall and fairly skilful forward, generally. Speaking of which, Tepai Moeroa was playing at lock for the NSW firsts in the same comp in 2013...just didn't look fair! He was as big at sixteen as he is now!

Any more insights into John Walker?

He's getting on a bit...
images.jpg

So, there's plenty of buzz around the fact we have signed Tom Wright...but the other Rugby player, John Walker, has been pretty much overlooked (unless I missed something earlier - checked, but mainly just jokes about his name...).

Not much to be found on him, except a few schoolboy rugby references. Anyone know more? I see he played in the 2013 National finals, for NSW 2. Interestingly, Joey Lussick was the scrum half that day.

It seems he plays at number 8 in rugby - equivalent to a lock in League, sometimes called on as a third lineout option as well. So that makes him a tall and fairly skilful forward, generally. Speaking of which, Tepai Moeroa was playing at lock for the NSW firsts in the same comp in 2013...just didn't look fair! He was as big at sixteen as he is now!

Any more insights into John Walker?

I know Jonny Walker. Very good rugby player, tough but where do they play him ? Very surprised he has been signed, but he is a rugby forward, a lot different to league. Lussick must be also recruiting with the Bozos, especially with the rugby players coming to the club, through his kids rugby, as he is involved in helping out the school where this kid came from. Aaah jobs for the boys !

I know Jonny Walker. Very good rugby player, tough but where do they play him ? Very surprised he has been signed, but he is a rugby forward, a lot different to league. Lussick must be also recruiting with the Bozos, especially with the rugby players coming to the club, through his kids rugby, as he is involved in helping out the school where this kid came from. Aaah jobs for the boys !
Ray Price was a rugby player. Managed to turn into a reasonable rugby league lock!

Ray Price was a rugby player. Managed to turn into a reasonable rugby league lock!
True and was a Australian former dual-code international, but Props in rugby find the transition to league hard, it's a completely different game for them, but wish him the best

Heard we also signed Glen Fiddich, Jim Beam and Jack Daniel

Seems to be a consistent theme from our recruiting team. Soiunds like they like a drink or two

And Garrick Morgan was an absolute fizzer in league but was an outstanding Wallaby.......

The same for Wallabies great George Smith
He also played junior rugby league with the North Curl Curl Knights where he honed his ball-running skills, but it was rugby union that really suited his unique talents. Playing openside, he enjoyed pilfering balls. That was his strength and enjoyed the combat of that.

travelling the world and seeing different things and different cultures. Rugby league didn't have that lure for me, he said

I'd forgotten about BK making the shift from Manly Rugby! Good point...

There was that St George bloke a few years back too...early nineties. Can't quite remember his name and it is p***ing me off...

Scott Gourley - it came back to me. Shortly after trawling through the entire historical list of St George players...then finding out when I got to the end that they were only those that had played since 2000...D'oh! Did anyone remember Solomon Haumono playing for St G? Daniel Heckenburg? Nathan Tutt? Nor did I...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2