Johns Vs Thurston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who was a better footballer (not who do you like better)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Give your vote and opinion on who you think was/is a better footballer.

In my opinion, Joey completely revolutionised the game and was a better defender so I have him ahead on that basis. Yes, JT deserves to also be made an immortal, but Joey is the best ever.

I was thinking the other night about Johns in the same position as JT, and I have no doubt that Joey puts that kick over...he seemed to play even better with pressure.

Anyway, let's have a healthy debate!

Thurston reads the game very well, especially when the opposition has the ball.. He always puts himself in a position to be part of the play. Essentially he isnt that skillful but he is the ultimate competitor. Johns was the same with the extra skills.

Just comparing the players. Thurston is the ultimate franchise player and the cowboys will be goneskis when he retires

They are both great in thier own way.
I disagree with you about Joey being a better defender though. I don't remember QLD playing JT 5 behind the line at any sTage or trying to hide him in defence.
Now NSW said they did that to preserve Joey for attacking but still...

In 2005 the Knights lost 13 straight without Johns only to win 8 from 11 when he came back.
That said there is not a bees dick between them imo.

Johns was special from day 1. Thurston is a great player, but it took him some time and i feel the media is using him as future immortal for sales purposes.

Joey for me, just the complete player. Has every skill Thurston has, and defends and runs like a backrower as well. (which Thurston definitely doesn't have)

Had Thurston got that final conversion, it may have helped his cause a bit. The clutch field goal came from a lot of luck (or bad luck to the Broncs i should say).

I remember el masri was in the same position to steal a gf with a conversion,
which he successfully did. I'm sure others have aswell.

Thurston is the best player running around today, but he's still a fair margin behind Joey in my mind - even after Sunday.

I'd have meninga & Lockyer ahead of Thurston as future immortals, and that's also whether you think Lockyer deserves it or not...

I'd have meninga & Lockyer ahead of Thurston as future immortals, and that's also whether you think Lockyer deserves it or not...
Meninga was the original Inglis
Hard to stop if his team was winning but notably quieter when the tough got going
I don't really rate Lockyer either, i think the myth is bigger then the man

Cliffy has em all cover any way. Johns, Thurstons don't get me wrong they are all good but only what I'd call ok.

Clifford doesn't need to be in that cool crowd of loser called immortals. It's not like that title gives u a ciggy, meat pie with tomato sauce or a Tab ticket now does it hey.

What are they all renowned for any ways.

Johns he brought a banana kick to the nrl after watching some aerial ping pong. yeah not bad. Not bad.

Thurston now it is his self pro-claimed show and go which is his stand out play. ok ok he has an ok dummy. That's good too.

Cliffy now how does one describe his magic hands. Alls I will say is that with Cliffords magic, the opposition weren't the only bloody ones fooled and left standing still and dumb founded completely mesmerised by his play.

When the others can put the entire crowd in a trance, fool everyone watching by slight of hand and voodoo magic trickery. Then and only then will they be close to being more then just ok.

Joey invented the style of footy that JT now plays.
So Joey is better, but JT is the best exponent of the John's half back style since Joey.@:cool:

Hope Baz gets Chez up to speed :wondering:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4