• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
At present there are a host of moderators that try to keep the sanity of the forums, as well as me, who spends my time tinkering with crap and trying to keep the servers from crashing (this will stabalize once I get us on a new platform especially on big game nights)

Manlybacker pretty much posts 99% of the news for us. We have several people that submit it for us but he goes through and publishes it.

What we are after is a few more users to help with the process of publishing and getting the news on the front page.

You need to be able to format the news correctly in order for this to work and there are instructions on doing this.

We can't really offer you much but our thanks and the thanks of the rest of the community for posting news, but that may just be worth it.

So if you are interested in posting articles and getting them up on the site. Let me know.

Cheers
Dan

Are you looking for someone who can do it pretty much as soon as it is submitted ?

Doesnt have to be straight away just the more people doing it the better.

MB and I will put up the details soon and I will give a few people editorial permissions shortly

Chip & Chase link said:
Are you looking for someone who can do it pretty much as soon as it is submitted ?
That is the idea C&C. Those that see something put it up and release it straight away.

I'll help where I can with formatting. So if I see something that has gone up and it looks wonky I'll explain why that happened and the best ways to get around that for future postings. As we put up in the notes if something doesn't look right then copying to Notepad , cleaning it up and recopying often helps.

I guess the main criteria for the Home page is that we are a Sea Eagles site. So Manly News is always welcome there. Something that is big news about RL is also good. Everything else usually gets released but it only gets seen on the Forum pages. This gives everyone the chance to comment on anything RL but doesn't ruin the true nature of here - the Sea Eagles!

Yeah, if you need me Dan, I'll do it.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=187304.msg330451#msg330451 date=1301898094]
That is the idea C&C. Those that see something put it up and release it straight away.

[/quote]

I thought as much. In these modern times if you have to wait more than 5 minutes for something to happen you lose patience.....bloody Gen Y !!  I know Dan gets the sh!ts when people just cut and paste articles into posts, but if the news submittal process takes too long than people don't want to have to wait around to discuss the hot topics.

Therefore it makes sense to have as many people as possible with editorial powers so that at any given time there is a reasonable chance of someone being on line so that submitted articles are released within 15 or 20 minutes or so.

I'm happy to help in that case Dan. 

Ok Everyone now has publishing rights that has said they wanted to help in this thread.

When you go to the submit news page you will now have the right to publish articles.

There are also instructions on exactly how to submit and format the article on the same page.

If it is Manly related then make sure you tick the box "show on front page" if it is just League related make sure the same box is unchecked as we only want Manly news on the front page.

All news comes to the forums regardless of this check box.

Any questions let me know

Dan

BTW guys if you see a light blue box around a News article on the Home page that means that it hasn't been published.

It is either waiting to be released (and you can do that by checking and making sure it is clean, has the first sentence splitter inserted and ticking the Published box followed by Save) or it is one we have decided not to publish (already covered before in Forums or unsuitable for ST).

Oh and also make sure it hasn't been published before :)

what about some original content

I wouldnt mind having a crack at doing post game player ratings

sure there would be heaps of pricks ready to bag me :)

as long as you did it in the old Cliffy style Cam i think that would go down a treat.

although saying every second player is a ****ing useless **** for brains rexhunt might not work :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6