• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The FBI have found that Bin laden has 3 aboriginal brothers in Australia. They've found Bin Drinkin and Bin Sleepin but they're still looking for Bin Working

I had an interesting conversation with an Australian historian the other day. A couple of points he made:

1. The Aboriginal race have a genetic pre-disposition to addiction.

2. If you luke at Fullers "stages" of human development the aborignal race is probably still in the teenage phase given their late exposure to Western technology.

I just wouldn't be so quick to throw stones when we haven't walked a mile or two in their shoes.

It was a joke matas one that was posted on here years ago too

It is in poor taste. Similar to that video of the little girl that was stoned a few weeks back.

There are plenty of things that some individuals find in bad taste are we now going to censor everything because an individual doesnt see the humour in it

It is in poor taste. Similar to that video of the little girl that was stoned a few weeks back.

Not at all similar

There are plenty of things that some individuals find in bad taste are we now going to censor everything because an individual doesnt see the humour in it

I didn't censor it. I put up a counter-point.

There was an implication it should have been treated the same way as the stone throwing video. However that wasnt the point i was making.

The point being where do you draw the line?

The irish joke posted here? The numerous blond jokes? Sexist jokes? etc etc.

Sometimes a bit of humour is just that. Its there for a laugh nothing more, nothing less. There are plenty of aboriginals who work and dont drink or drink responsivly, there are certainly some brains in ireland, how else did they come up with guiness and kilkenny and there is at least 1 woman i know who can navigate.

I agree Fluffy- while those jokes aren't for everyone- if you are the sort of person that will take offence you are probably best staying away from the general forums.
For the record an aboriginal who WORKS for my dad told me that exact same joke a couple of weeks back so he can't be all that offended by it.

I wasn't offended by the joke either and I recognised it was a joke.

I thought my reply would spark an interesting debate as the historian's opinion has some potentially racist overtones in and of itself.

It was our resident ENSJ or whatever he is that misunderstood the intent and took things down the wrong track.

To be honest the Joke is not a joke it's pretty much a harsh reality.

If this is the way some of the Aboriginals want to exist good for them.

Sadly maybe yes for the Adults . The kids haven't much choice as the parents lead their path. From what I understand gov't authorities have tried everything.

Do you have a solution? I would think you might considering you spend more time on this issue.

I'd agree Byso except only for smoe of the adults.

they dont all want to, but a small number appear to want to yes.

Do you have a solution? I would think you might considering you spend more time on this issue.

My solution was described as "bribery" by the schmucks on that tabloid gutter trash A Current Affair.

So if I have to go back to the drawing board - temporary official apartheid?

That idea is a good start. Is it working yet? from the report the cops and the people say it is.

Apartheid? how would that help.

You can't evaluate the benefits of the positive ticket program after one week of operation. It will take years to turn around the hostility between the indigenous folk and the police.

Apartheid would help in that the indigenous could be cordoned off and return to a traditional lifestyle without any of the pitfalls that waylay them currently. It's not going to happen though.

The South African style and reason for segregation did not work.

Segregation would work if there was a genuine attempt to restore indigenous culture and to value it. As I said, this notion is too bold and probably 150 years too late anyway.

I know plenty of "white fella's " who don't want to work, and who drink to excess and who sleep a lot(hence the nic nodd). It was a joke and should be treated as a joke.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2