Jorge Taufua re-signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
SMH March 15, 2014 - 2:19PM
Michael Carayannis
Rugby League Writer

Manly winger Jorge Taufua is set to celebrate his return from injury with a new three-year deal.

Fairfax Media understands that the 22-year-old has committed his future to the Sea Eagles, after declining offers from at least three rival NRL clubs. On the verge of NSW selection last year, Taufua’s re-signing caps a remarkable transformation after he was unwanted by Parramatta at the end of 2010.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/jorge-taufua-resigns-with-manly-20140315-hvj2z.html#ixzz2w0OsZbTu

Saw this on SMH and thought great news, couldn't believe how low his salary was when he 1st came over and even last years too. I'm sure he's had a decent upgrade

Jorge will play SOO this year. A great coup for 2v too as Im sure there were other Clubs lurking :angel:

From the press conference, he sounds like he is still a few weeks out :(

mickqld said:
Congrats on the new contract well done. Saying back next week. Go Jorge

Tooves saod in post match conference that jorge was 2 to 3 weeks away.

Looking forward to his menacing runs.

^ I agree. He has come on brilliantly from the days when we all bagged him for not being able to catch.

Happy he has re-signed! *party on*

Hooray for Horhay! I'm a bit slow giving him the big thumbs up for re-signing with the mighty Sea Eagles!

Jax24 said:
Awesome news!!! Great to have Jorge locked up for 3 more years.
Glad you're still here Jax, I feared you may have been off to the Kennel :exclamation:
Come to think of it that post was almost a week ago, is there something we should know about your nephew? :idea: ;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jax24 said:
Glad you're still here Jax, I feared you may have been off to the Kennel :exclamation:
Come to think of it that post was almost a week ago, is there something we should know about your nephew? :idea: ;)
Hey mate yeah I'm still here, just been on the down low. No I haven't been at the Kennel either lol. Regards Peta, I will probably have a chat with the family this weekend and see what the latest goss is.

Personally I guess he will weigh his options and all the factors involved. Obviously if the money is too hard to turn down I cant blame him. It will be very tough for me personally if he went to the Dogs. I suppose I would hope he does well on an individual basis.

In saying all that I really do hope he stays right here. I will definitely be pleading our case haha. I know he has really enjoyed his time with Manly and formed great bonds with his teamates so far. Also to serve his apprenticeship under Snake was the perfect scenario for him.

Once I hear any new info I will give an update.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Thanks. And be sure to remind him of the old saying, 'Be Manly, don't be a dog' ;)
Yeah will also remind him of how well things have gone for the most recent players and coaches that have defected to the Dogs from here. Hell players leaving Manly in general never seem to replicate what they did here.

Jax24 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jax24 said:
Hey mate yeah I'm still here, just been on the down low. No I haven't been at the Kennel either lol. Regards Peta, I will probably have a chat with the family this weekend and see what the latest goss is.

Personally I guess he will weigh his options and all the factors involved. Obviously if the money is too hard to turn down I cant blame him. It will be very tough for me personally if he went to the Dogs. I suppose I would hope he does well on an individual basis.

In saying all that I really do hope he stays right here. I will definitely be pleading our case haha. I know he has really enjoyed his time with Manly and formed great bonds with his teamates so far. Also to serve his apprenticeship under Snake was the perfect scenario for him.

any update for us Jax24?

castle eagle said:
Jax24 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jax24 said:

any update for us Jax24?
It is with deep regret that I inform everyone that it looks like Peta will most likely be signing with the Dogs. I cant 100% confirm it but this is the inside info I have obtained from my sources aka family lol. The money sounds too good to turn down as well as the permanent 1st grade spot.

I would also like to say regards my above post that it is April 1st!!! :D

Just tell him to mention the word 'rugby' and the Dogs will back off.

Seriously, what is the culture that the Dogs now have? Have they tried to cultivate their juniors, or brought up unknowns from lower grades? They are really pathetic. They just buy known players. And they have the hide to call themselves 'the family club'. With every passing day my disgust with the Dogs - and their leaders grow.
PS: Now that Julia is out of the limelight, is there a women with a more irritating voice than Castle?

Yes I agree a very irritating voice.

I have no problems with females at the helm of any business / organisation , in fact the South African lady who's the boss of Westpac comes across really well BUT this lady, oh dear , nothing against her being a woman but that voice!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6