Jorge...vs...Semi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Our huge Tongan guy: Jorge Taufua - 3 Tries, 13 Hit-Ups, 134 Metres Gained, 4 Tackle Breaks, 2 Line Breaks, 1 Try Assist, 3 Tackles

Parra's huge Fijian guy: Semi Radradra - 2 Tries, 14 Hit-Ups, 116 Metres Gained, 2 Offloads, 2 Tackle Breaks, 1 Line Break, 1 Try Assist, 3 Tackles

Jorge by a TKO...

Whilst I admire your loyalty to a Manly Player (who is starting to get back to his best I must say!), you have conveniently left out how Semi has scored 2+ tries for 5 weeks in a row and has been one of the most damaging wingers week in and week out in the NRL.

Jorge can be that too, and in fact was back in 2013, but he needs to keep doing it.

Semi isn't a good defender, it's his only negative. Even against the tigers he got burned by Kevin Naqaima for a try on what should've been a rather simple tackle.
I love Jorge, his return from injury has had a bigger influence on us than a lot expected. His returns from dummy half are the best thing to start a set of six on.

Both are brilliant attacking wingers on their day. Semi has Jorge for pace (most NRL wingers are faster than Jorge), but give me Jorge's defensive game any day.

Our huge Tongan guy: Jorge Taufua - 3 Tries, 13 Hit-Ups, 134 Metres Gained, 4 Tackle Breaks, 2 Line Breaks, 1 Try Assist, 3 Tackles

Parra's huge Fijian guy: Semi Radradra - 2 Tries, 14 Hit-Ups, 116 Metres Gained, 2 Offloads, 2 Tackle Breaks, 1 Line Break, 1 Try Assist, 3 Tackles

Jorge by a TKO...
Yep and arguably jorge should have 2 try assists because he batted the bomb back for himself

Skivy and Jorge are probably the slowest centre/wing pairing in the NRL today, not that it matters much because both are usually good enough to overcome that. But if you notice, most times the opposition won't attack down that side of the field against us unless there is room to run around them. Most prefer instead to attack down our right side when either Peta or Turbo Tom are on the wing. And who can blame them really.....I mean, I wouldn't exactly relish the thought of being on the end of one of Skivy or Jorge's tackles.

The majority of times that our opposition attack's down that side is when there is a high kick to the corner knowing that Jorge can't catch a bomb.

Jorge is a beast bringing the ball back from early tackles deep in Manly's half but his weakness is that he is short and does not leap well when the opposition kicks high in his direction. With Matai blocking he does ok but if isolated, opposition wingers generally have a much better leap than him.

Interestingly though, we are not the sort of team to make long breaks down either wing, really - seldom see our wingers in a footrace. We tend to get Jorge and Hiku/TurboJunior over the line from a sweeping backline play at about 20 metres out. So speed isn't all that important.

Not knocking Jorge but Semi would be one of my first players picked. He is as important to Doesn'tmatta as Hayne was. Check the Parra wins when he's absent.
The other non-Manly players I like watching are: Tapou, Tedesco, Segiaro and Moylen.

Not knocking Jorge but Semi would be one of my first players picked. He is as important to Doesn'tmatta as Hayne was. Check the Parra wins when he's absent.
The other non-Manly players I like watching are: Tapou, Tedesco, Segiaro and Moylen.
I like watching Nate Myles, Lewis Brown and Api Koroisau....
and admit to still like watching Gorgeous George and Gifty.

Semi is the whingers main weapon now, without him they totally struggle to score points. Jorge is getting better and better each week coming back from injury

Jorge is still very quick over a long distance, doesn't have blinding accerlation but once in the clear very hard to mow down and has a grewat fend. getting back to his 2012 form where he would make so many tackle busts and go the length from nothing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6