• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Jorge is due for a big performance. I know he has been hampered by an injury this year but he hasn't been quite his devastating self lately. Probably been a gutsy effort simply to make it on the field each week.
But with Foran back now and Snake in form I expect Jorge will get a few chances to shine this week.

Needs catching and handling practice again. Also he's been rushing up a little too quick when he's expecting the ball, probly over eager, and this causes flat passes that he usually drops.

Some have said his attitude looks a little lazy at times, but i honestly havn't noticed this. He'll get his timing and it will be joy to watch.

Had a shocker on Saturday. Having sublaxed a shoulder before I know it can't be easy coming back from a full dislocation like he suffered. His confidence must be a little shaky.

He seems very reserved and only playing at about 80%. At full fitness he is Origin standard, at the moment I wouldn't be picking him. Wouldn't do his confidence any good.

Well isnt there talk that he needs a shoulder re-co in the off season. I can understand that would be limiting his potential this year.

Defensively he has still been strong, but i agree his runs this year seem mistimed. Seems also skivvy is holding the ball more this year rather than passing it to him. Dont know if this is because there trained to this year or whether is cause Jorge is off his game a little

He has been poor most games. Lucky to hold his spot in first grade wouldn't even be considered for Origin.

Can he get in position instead of having to reach behind him every time the ball is passed to him.

I have not been impressed him this season.

I would like to see the left side attack play with a little more patience. There are far too many pushed passes. Some might identify that we have been lethal down the left and scored a host of tries, and that is correct, but for every great play, we have squandered just as many opportunities. We don't have to score every time we run a play down the left. The cover defence required from the opposition to shut down the play, means we would be better off taking the odd tackle, and getting them on the next play with scrambled defence.

Not having a great year but I'm sure it's injury related. Its a shame because I think he would have been really to close to origin selection at the start of the year but his form especially over the last 6 or so weeks more so defensively would have seen him drop off the radar.

I cannot imagine what it is to play with a shoulder like his. I never thought much about injuries until I had a skin cancer gouged out of my finger a week ago. Yeeeooooowww. Sure there was a slight complication but man! Almost shot through the roof whenever it accidentally bumped the slightest thing. And there I'd been critical of players who take a couple of weeks off with a finger injury. How would they catch and pass?
Never underestimate the sheer guts and grit of these players who run out there injured week after week and catch, pass, jump, kick, tackle, and get tackled.
Thank you Jorge and co.

He used to over run Matai when he first came into first grade, now he is doing it again :dodgy:

Nothing to do with a shoulder, just not being aware of his position in relation to the ball.

His defence is also Trex like, he makes one attempt but if he falls off, then he literally stays put :mad: Gillett gallop past him up at Suncorp, aptly demonstrates his lax attitude.

2v has some players in lower grades that are ready to have a go, so Jorge needs to step up. :idea:

I am also amazed, that with his leg strength and speed, his ball carries are so crabby. If he ran straight like BJ, Jorge would be scattering the opposition 3/4s :idea:

manlyfan76 said:
With Hoppa Jnr injured, a few big games and he could be blooded into origin.

I personally don't think Jorge's form warrants Origin selection right now. I know his shoulder has been holding him back this year, but since the City vs Country game he hasn't been his usual self and in some respects he's lucky he hasn't been dropped like the Wolf.

Not sure how many would agree but with Hoppa Jr. and Brett Morris out injured, I would actually go with Kevin Gordon on the wing for NSW in Game 3. Get him into the clear and no one in the NRL (with the possible exception of Titans team mate David Mead) can catch him. He made Josh Dugan look slow on Sunday even though Dugan had a flying start and Gordon had to break a tackle to get going. And I seriously doubt anyone eligible for Qld would get near him in a foot race.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4