Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Conjecture? A little.
The club stated that there was a meeting of both sides (the players and the boycotters) before the rest of the team got together.
In attendance were Jake, DCE, and Aloiai. From that I can't help but think he was, at the very least, their nominated leader. I think he was more than that based on his age, his preacher studies, and the respect we see toward him from the other six on the field.

So yes, there is no proof but there is conjecture based on the possibility of who it might be and the probability that seven young men didn't decide to do this individually.

I don't believe it's defamatory to say I don't like him, just as I didn't like Les Boyd and John Hopoate in the team. The reasons I didn't like them should be pretty clear.

The reasons I don't like this bloke are because I sensed an arrogance in his departure from the Tigers, because (like the other six) he left our team without his services and with zero public explanation as to his reason for doing so, and I've seen his anti abortion posts on social media and I cannot abide anyone telling a woman what to do with her body.
And he's not a particularly great player.

So while he's here I will not cheer for him but I will always cheer for the team and I will be very pleased when he is no longer playing for us.
I’m sure as the eldest he was probably the spokesman , but doesn’t make him the ringleader.

Of course you are able to not like a player , but some of the comments on here are bordering on defamation.

I’m just playing the devils advocate on here by the way , I’m not saying I support anything that’s been done.

The other side re Aloia is he has tried to be a leader in turning Pacific Island youth away from gang violence and post-code wars.

Problem is he is doing it by urging a return to church and traditional pacific islander values, which obviously include repressive attitudes, so it's well-meaning but not a viable path forward.

The other side re Aloia is he has tried to be a leader in turning Pacific Island youth away from gang violence and post-code wars.

Problem is he is doing it by urging a return to church and traditional pacific islander values, which obviously include repressive attitudes, so it's well-meaning but not a viable path forward.
However the church values are not traditional pacific islander values.

Are they the traditional pacific islander values imposed upon them with colonialism or the genuine Pacifica values that existed well before then?

However the church values are not traditional pacific islander values.

Are they the traditional pacific islander values imposed upon them with colonialism or the genuine Pacifica values that existed well before then?
Yes thanks for clarifying, I think Josh is advocating what are essentially Christian missionary values, predominantly from England in the 18th and 19th centuries.

This is getting ridiculous
Anyone here who cannot see the impact of Manly missing key players will be happy 2023 as these other sides will be within 5% of where they are today and we will jump 25%
Maybe a betting man - but get on for 2023
Have to disagree. Turbo missed the bulk of 2019 and we had Brendan Elliott at 1. We turned up every week with great effort and pushed Souths in the finals. We went to Shark Park under strength and won, travelled to Canberra and won…went to Melbourne and won…we just won games regardless…didn’t have to be full strength, didn’t have to be at Brookie. We even lost DCE for a period that year.

The lack of defensive resolve amd fractured playing group is more obvious to me than any injuries in 2022…it’s been an absolute **** show.

Who is not playing busted at this time of year? Aloai is clearly busted with the strapped knee, Garrick can’t move sideways in defence, Schuster is carrying something and that’s just the guys in the 17.

It’s the effort of playing for your team that’s missing and that comes from the leadership. Time for a rethink in this area.

I don’t think Christianity if interpreted right is bad at all. Not sure what traditional pacific values are because they have not always been christian. Whether we practice the Christian religion or not it certainly has played a significant role in shaping western democracy..

I don’t think Christianity if interpreted right is bad at all.
Personally I have nothing against love thy neighbour. Turn the other cheek on the other hand, no thanks.
And yes I'm painfully aware how Christianity has influenced history and that only makes me detest it more. As Silvertails new champion of Cartesian idealism I'm not surprised how keen you are to defend religion.

Last edited:
My only message to Josh:

Run hard and straight Josh and tackle bloody hard. Also don’t give away any penalties..You need to better than last week son.
Had to be hampered with that knee last week . Has been one of the form props at different stages this season, really good determination and a tough bugger as well . Think that he can be or continue to be a real good asset going forward and with reduced injury problems . Manly obviously think so too ., Maybe better to tone down some of his off field expressions but i only mainly judge him on his footy input and everything else really of not that much significance . .

Had to be hampered with that knee last week . Has been one of the form props at different stages this season, really good determination and a tough bugger as well . Think that he can be or continue to be a real good asset going forward and with reduced injury problems . Manly obviously think so too ., Maybe better to tone down some of his off field expressions but i only mainly judge him on his footy input and everything else really of not that much significance . .
Honestly nor should it be.

It’s their private lives , what they do in that time shouldn’t be our concern.

Different when they pull on a jersey and run out to Eagle Rock , then they are fair game.

But of course many on here are the opposite , they think they’re ours 24/7.

Honestly nor should it be.

It’s their private lives , what they do in that time shouldn’t be our concern.

Different when they pull on a jersey and run out to Eagle Rock , then they are fair game.

But of course many on here are the opposite , they think they’re ours 24/7.
Agreed, in theory. However, how would you feel if one of your well-paid employees put himself in harm's way, risking his ability to fulfil his contract obligations?
Like, say, scaling a high wall with one arm...?

Agreed, in theory. However, how would you feel if one of your well-paid employees put himself in harm's way, risking his ability to fulfil his contract obligations?
Like, say, scaling a high wall with one arm...?
Employers , no troubles, and yes I’d want to know too BUT fans of a football club, it’s just not our right.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4