Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly nor should it be.

It’s their private lives , what they do in that time shouldn’t be our concern.

Different when they pull on a jersey and run out to Eagle Rock , then they are fair game.

But of course many on here are the opposite , they think they’re ours 24/7.

My major gripe was that they didn’t want to pull on the jersey and their reasons for not wanting to wear it are flimsy at best.

Most people want to like the players they’re supporting. There’s a reason why everyone loves Beaver but Watmough not quite as much.

I don't 100% agree. I feel the players have some duty of care to be positive role models for younger members of the community.

I feel Sir Charles said it best

Yes we want respectable players - but with the exception of a few good eggs (and we are lucky to have the Trbojevic boys, DCE and Garrick) these guys in the NRL are over paid gladiators. We expect too much of many of them, and it is our society that put these guys up on a pedestal early in their life and it creates an imbalance.

If I looked at the players I grew up watching as role models my MO would be to smack the crap out of anyone that disagrees with me

Been thinking about our forwards going forward, and the position really worries me.

Marty Taupau: We are losing statistically our best metre maker over the past 4-5 years. Leader on and off the field.

Dylan Walker: Playing as an ex-fsctor lock, that creates spark and creativity. He's gone too.

So what's left ?

Josh Aloiai: complete rocks or diamonds. Gives away dumb penalties. Always injured or missing. Creates drama off the field. Frankly, I think Gallen was right, and he's an ordinary player.

Lachlan Croker: Tough one , because I love his character, ticker, resilience. But he lacks a good kicking game, attacking spark, a running game, but also tackles like a machine. Unfortunately we have 0 other options this year or next.

Taniela Paseka: I'm kind of tired of the old , does he realise how big he is calls. He's now struggling to make our horrible first grade team. At times , he can be devastating, but that's so rare. I personally think Des is breaking him mentally.

Haumole Olakau'atu: Could and should be anything. He can literally own a game. His combination with DCE is awful. His end of season fades are worrying. His speed and aggression at everything has very much slowed from his early games (often getting a run from a stopped start) while DCE crabs like a goose.

Kelma Tuilagi: the LAST forward type we needed. More slow. More plod. More lack of intensity. I'm not sure his consistent 30 odd metre games will help us, particularly given our lock also makes very little metres.

Jake Trbojevic: he is NOT a lock. He lack the speed, lacks the intensity , lacks the mobility. Frustrating to see him dominate as a prop in SOO (finally making metres) only to see Des revert to what he knows at clubland - Des is going to break him

Karl Lawton: was a very trimmed , explosive Hooker at The Warriors. Des is forcing him to play backrow now, and he's been habitually injured since , getting pumped game after game. Des is breaking him.

Sean Keppie: A player who actually has a ticker (rare for us), but just lacks the execution. Gives away far too many penalties, drops far too many balls. Is very much a slower, power forward (similar to most others we have).

Toff Sipley: wouldn't make most other rosters, and is always the first dropped out when we are healthy. Very much embodies the plod (although tries very, very hard). Lumbering. Often injured. Limited minutes.

Ethan Bullemor: Had so much potential and wraps from Brisbane. Des has broken him. He's not making one tenth the impact he made up north. He's young and could improve (my hopes), but has regressed badly under Des.

And that's it. What we need are Reuben Cotter, Liam Martin types. Characters. Leaders. Up tempo , fast, hard , explosive players that refuse to take a backwards step. We keep bringing in plods, from bottom rung teams, and that's getting us nowhere.

The scary thing is, it's Foz who makes us direct , sharp and crisp, but these plods at forward we have, can anyone imagine them getting ball from the human crab (concentric circle DCE) and Schuster going forward ? We are ****ed.

Last edited:
I feel Sir Charles said it best

Yes we want respectable players - but with the exception of a few good eggs (and we are lucky to have the Trbojevic boys, DCE and Garrick) these guys in the NRL are over paid gladiators. We expect too much of many of them, and it is our society that put these guys up on a pedestal early in their life and it creates an imbalance.

If I looked at the players I grew up watching as role models my MO would be to smack the crap out of anyone that disagrees with me
Yes, but it is also our society that wants to call them to account when they take a misstep, perceived or not.

Look at the Ponga/Mann issue. A vast majority of adults ( let alone kids ) wouldn't have any preconceived ideas of what they may or may not have been up to.
Yet they read and hear a multitude of stories of what they may or may not have been doing.
With the world we live in, someone ready to record anything, anywhere, any time, then they are unfortunately held to a higher account than what they should be.

So if their beliefs, ideals or way of life is different to the current norm or whatever is selling media space that week then as a business it needs to be seen to be proactively addressing it.

Unfortunately the record books will say we underachieved this season whilst neglecting to quantify it with an asterisk.
* insert reason here.

My major gripe was that they didn’t want to pull on the jersey and their reasons for not wanting to wear it are flimsy at best.

Most people want to like the players they’re supporting. There’s a reason why everyone loves Beaver but Watmough not quite as much.
Oh don’t worry I was pissed off too.

That’s not what I’m talking about though it’s this intrusion into their private lives and what they should and shouldn’t do !!

That in my opinion is up to the NRL and the club NOT the court of Silvertails.

Oh don’t worry I was pissed off too.

That’s not what I’m talking about though it’s this intrusion into their private lives and what they should and shouldn’t do !!

That in my opinion is up to the NRL and the club NOT the court of Silvertails.

Plenty of players bring their private lives into the public via social media. Haumole brought his private life into the open with his post non-try hand signals and Schuster with the strapping.

Most people would’ve moved on from the jersey by now, but these guys brought the next wave of criticism on themselves by their own public showings.

Been plenty of opportunity to make the occasional statement and low key or otherwise on and off the field . Not great with some of the circumstances but has been noted and quite apparent and time now to just focus on doing well footy wise . Club seems to have done a good job shielding respective players or helpfully downplaying any ongoing controversy . Can 't change recent events but can certainly move on from them .

Been thinking about our forwards going forward, and the position really worries me.

Marty Taupau: We are losing statistically our best metre maker over the past 4-5 years. Leader on and off the field.

Dylan Walker: Playing as an ex-fsctor lock, that creates spark and creativity. He's gone too.

So what's left ?

Josh Aloiai: complete rocks or diamonds. Gives away dumb penalties. Always injured or missing. Creates drama off the field. Frankly, I think Gallen was right, and he's an ordinary player.

Lachlan Croker: Tough one , because I love his character, ticker, resilience. But he lacks a good kicking game, attacking spark, a running game, but also tackles like a machine. Unfortunately we have 0 other options this year or next.

Taniela Paseka: I'm kind of tired of the old , does he realise how big he is calls. He's now struggling to make our horrible first grade team. At times , he can be devastating, but that's so rare. I personally think Des is breaking him mentally.

Haumole Olakau'atu: Could and should be anything. He can literally own a game. His combination with DCE is awful. His end of season fades are worrying. His speed and aggression at everything has very much slowed from his early games (often getting a run from a stopped start) while DCE crabs like a goose.

Kelma Tuilagi: the LAST forward type we needed. More slow. More plod. More lack of intensity. I'm not sure his consistent 30 odd metre games will help us, particularly given our lock also makes very little metres.

Jake Trbojevic: he is NOT a lock. He lack the speed, lacks the intensity , lacks the mobility. Frustrating to see him dominate as a prop in SOO (finally making metres) only to see Des revert to what he knows at clubland - Des is going to break him

Karl Lawton: was a very trimmed , explosive Hooker at The Warriors. Des is forcing him to play backrow now, and he's been habitually injured since , getting pumped game after game. Des is breaking him.

Sean Keppie: A player who actually has a ticker (rare for us), but just lacks the execution. Gives away far too many penalties, drops far too many balls. Is very much a slower, power forward (similar to most others we have).

Toff Sipley: wouldn't make most other rosters, and is always the first dropped out when we are healthy. Very much embodies the plod (although tries very, very hard). Lumbering. Often injured. Limited minutes.

Ethan Bullemor: Had so much potential and wraps from Brisbane. Des has broken him. He's not making one tenth the impact he made up north. He's young and could improve (my hopes), but has regressed badly under Des.

And that's it. What we need are Reuben Cotter, Liam Martin types. Characters. Leaders. Up tempo , fast, hard , explosive players that refuse to take a backwards step. We keep bringing in plods, from bottom rung teams, and that's getting us nowhere.

The scary thing is, it's Foz who makes us direct , sharp and crisp, but these plods at forward we have, can anyone imagine them getting ball from the human crab (concentric circle DCE) and Schuster going forward ? We are ****ed.
Pretty accurate assessments across the board. I do think Alioai is a good prop though but agree been injured often.

The Haumole thing is an issue. He should be one of the best in the game over the next 5 years but lacks consistency and the DCE combination is a concern. Are we going to get the best out of him? I'm not feeling bullish about it.

And yes most of the rest are just average and too much plod.

So what's left ?

Shame we still don't have Nate Myles to add to that list ........ he'd fit right in with that crew.

Why is Aloiai not playing against the dogs?
Injured or visiting Fainu in the clink?
Unlike the Roosters forward who have publicly said they want to dominate, intimidate and put their bodies on the line Aloiai has taken a different approach.

This is not Manly DNA.

You know what?. Manly have given this guy every chance to take his personal life into the Manly jersey. This guy owes Manly, not me, nor you, BIG TIME.

I'm getting sick of this silent, mental, bull****.

If he does not deliver on the field next year, I want him out. There is only so long you can quietly collect your cheques. You obviously don't talk to us, so, your only avenue of communication is what you deliver on the field and so far you have been PATCHY AT BEST.

NYEagle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7