Josh Perry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
O

offside monkey

Hello there, i'm a St Helens fan that's got a little question -

We've signed up Josh Perry for next season and I just wondered whether you could let me know more about what sort of player we're getting?

I've seen a little of him playing for Australia, but that's about it. I've checked you tube but the only clips seem to be of him fighting!

When his mind is on the job, he's very good. A real metre eater who can also hit in defence. He put Ben Ross on a stretcher during his first game for us in 2008, and Ben hasn't played much (if at all) since.

He was very good for us in 2008, but has only showed glimpses of that form since. He can also give away a penalty.

Overall, he'll probably be good for you, and I wish him all the best.

He can be a very good player when he's motivated. His problem is he gets complacent and once that happens he becomes less & less effective.

When he came to us in 2008, he really worked hard to impress in order to earn a starting spot, which he did. He was fantastic that year and a big factor behind our premiership.

We've struggled the last 2 years with injuries, particularly Brett Stewart's and that has effected the whole side, including Josh. As the form disappeared so did the motivation and he wasn't offered a contract.

The good news is...... a new club will most likely mean a fresh outlook. Once the crowds start getting up him (probably simply for just being Australian), I can see the "I'll prove you all wrong" mentality kicking in...... and he should end up being a more than handy player for you.

I like to call him the Turtle, because when he's tackled no matter how or where he ends up on his back and is slow to his feet.

He was a good signing for us in 2008. Has big game experience and is still only 29. Has'nt shown the form he did in the first year for us but the change could revitalize him. I think he will be a useful signing for St Helens.

Your local pizza hut, KFC, Maccas and Hungry Jacks stores will be very happy to see him.

mate he wont take a backwards step, can do some silly stuff , but thats all props been hit in the head 1 too many times..he will try & dominate the middle for you`s every game , he can play the enforcer part..  can go missing in games also..

If a premiership is a possibility he will fire up and head toward it, but seems to go missing after it is won.

No doubt the guy has a lot of talent and skill but doesn't always use it

good buy for you, you'll win a comp this year or next.

He's won 2 premierships here, So the new environment will motivate this fella.

So who are we going to replace Perry with? any juniors coming thru?

Brookvale link said:
good buy for you, you'll win a comp this year or next.

He's won 2 premierships here, So the new environment will motivate this fella.

So who are we going to replace Perry with? any juniors coming thru?

We've had a couple of excellent juniors come through the last few years.  Waera-Hargraves and Tasi ...  :'(

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4