• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Credit to the guy, he seemed to play big minutes Friday night after loss of choc and played solid, I believe he brings a lot more impact from the bench then hasson.....lui made a couple of mistakes but both him and JSL really stood up when needed Friday night , good effort boys.

We're going to need him - and Hasson etc - if Choc and Foz are as wounded as it seems.

I like Jesse's work-rate and low error count.

Will be good to see how these guys go with more game time.

He's another who will only improve. Some of our young guys would have had the odd butterfly preparing to run out against the likes of Burgess, JWH Scott & Tamou etc, but imagine how much confidence they'll get out of successfully meeting those challenges.

Uh oh, they'll all be worth a lot of money by year's end and we'll lose most of them!!

Like his direct running, but get heart palpitations with those loose arm carrying of the ball. Tuck it in Jesse !

Nami Lui dislodged Tamou's similar slack carry :cool:

I reckon he needs more size. Hasson made a huge impact when he came on late in the 2nd half against cowboys. He runs and hits the line harder than Jsl and lui they seem to get stopped fairly easily.

I am very happy with the performance of Starling, Lui, Hasson & JSL. Ignoring the stats Starling seems to be improving every week and Lui has good impact of the bench. Hasson & JSL seem to be a little light at the moment.

He is making the most of his opportunities which is exactly what he should be doing. He is gives Tooves every reason to have confidence in him and to trust him with more game time. Credit it to him.

Played great-the way he picked the ball of his bootlaces and got the ball down for that try imo he is the best off the bench bench besides King.

His running style reminds me of someones.....does any know who? I'm screwed if I know. Very rangy sort of player, and throws himself at the defensive line, which I like to see.

He is the future of our back row IMO. There is a little X factor hidden not too deeply in him.

Runs hard, he has good footwork and can catch a ball, now he has scored a try he is only going to get better. Did you see how stoked he and the team were when he scored, he is manly and he loves manly - I like this guy, he has so much energy. Must get it from choc

Great enthusiasm, and he's not some stupid forward. He has brains, mobility, doesn't shirk, runs direct and he's tidy rarely gives away a penalty or drops the balll. Great value. almost my MOM.

Killer03 said:
His running style reminds me of someones.....does any know who? I'm screwed if I know. Very rangy sort of player, and throws himself at the defensive line, which I like to see.

Watching Eels/Cows game now mate...

I'll tell you who JSL reminds of in style and appearance from afar...James Tamou.

Much prefer Jesse of course.

His pickup in the wet and heads up put down for his try was pretty special!

I love the enthusiasm (as HM asked for) that he brings to the field. And he does seem to have a smile on his face so often.

He's getting better every week.

Love him!

RiverEagle said:
Killer03 said:

Watching Eels/Cows game now mate...

I'll tell you who JSL reminds of in style and appearance from afar...James Tamou.

Much prefer Jesse of course.

His pickup in the wet and heads up put down for his try was pretty special!

I love the enthusiasm (as HM asked for) that he brings to the field. And he does seem to have a smile on his face so often.

He's getting better every week.

Love him!

I think you are right. Tamous running style is very similar. JSL is slighter, and actually more direct, but Tamou does have that running style.

Thanks River Eagle....that was going to s*** me until I could think of the person!

And I agree, much prefer JSL.

JSL and Tred have the same wonderful upright running style that Big Ian used to have.
Its hard to defend against, as their body is perfectly balanced and the arm carrying the ball is almost above the head of the tackler.

Its good to see the newbies settling in to the Manly style of play. :angel:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6