• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing in our favour is JT was enormous for QLD, so hopefully there has to be a drop in intensity after such a big occasion. The best way to nullify JT is run big forwards at him all night. I think it's fruitless to target him in attack a la Beau Scott because he holds the ball up so nicely that he'll make you look stupid....but we should target him when we have the ball. I'd like to see us pepper their left edge defence with Tom Symonds running at him all night. We tend to favour our left side attack, but I'd like us to run Thurston ragged in an attempt to nullify his impact in attack.

Last edited:
He will get schooled by DCE.
JT didn't want him in the QLD team as they play similar styles of football and that made JT less effective in game 2.
DCE will be out to show that he has the ability to be the future Australian half and what better way than to out play JT.

I'm confident Manly can get them.
NQ always get 'bogged' at Brookie it is so different from their own ground which is cut short like a running track.
Add in the fact they will be rusty as hell I think Manly can get a big jump on them early. JT is pretty much as effective as his supporting cast he is not a line breaker but a line break assist expert, much like Cliffy Lyons but he passes earlier before the line.
I think it will be a fun match and I'm hopeful without being cocky of a 10 point win. No skin off NQ backs if they lose this one.
NYEagle

I'm confident Manly can get them.
NQ always get 'bogged' at Brookie it is so different from their own ground which is cut short like a running track.
Add in the fact they will be rusty as hell I think Manly can get a big jump on them early. JT is pretty much as effective as his supporting cast he is not a line breaker but a line break assist expert, much like Cliffy Lyons but he passes earlier before the line.
I think it will be a fun match and I'm hopeful without being cocky of a 10 point win. No skin off NQ backs if they lose this one.
NYEagle

He may not be as lethal as he used to be, but for years and years he was regarded as having the best "show and go" in the game and used to come out the other side of the defence at will.

I think if you were to ask JT he would nominate Manly as a team who has rattled his and the cowpokes cage over many years. JT is brilliant and emotional and if you get in his face he can lose the plot, I have seen that happen a few times in big games against us.
Agree...and there's only one bloke that can do that....bring on the Matai!

Kiwi Foran has beaten JT and his Roos mates 3 times now.
Maybe he can have a few choice words into the old guy's ear. Like 'how did you like my Hand of Foz try?' :p

Cowgirls were very impressive in their win over the Raiders. Nothing in it but they know how to win and is their best season I can remember. I still think this a toss up and we can do it but we will have to be at our best.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8