Judiciary charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
The NSW Blues have been dealt a double blow heading into Origin II, with Jarryd Hayne and Luke Lewis both facing judiciary charges which could see them miss the crucial Brisbane clash.

Meanwhile, Queensland can rest easy with fullback Billy Slater escaping charge   :-[ :eek:
following his involvement in a skuffle with Hayne on Friday night.

Eels fullback Hayne has been charged with Striking and is facing a one match ban for his involvement in this incident.

Panthers forward Lewis has been charged with a Dangerous Throw and is facing a one match ban for this tackle.

More details to follow.

I don't understand how Slater gets off. There was definite intent with those elbows to Hayne, even if they didn't find their mark. Worse still was his cheap, late, slide in with the knees when Hayne was on the ground. He is an expert at the cheap shot, he is a master of disguising his intent which just makes him a bigger grub in my book. Gutless pr!ck.

Hayne - Grade 1 Striking - early plea = 112 points and a missed match (SOO 2)
Lewis - Grade 1 Dangerous Throw - early plea = 140 points and a missed match (SOO 2)

Stuff it, if the Blues can't win on combinations and talent, they should select a team to bash QLD.  I mean, the whole bash and intimidation worked in game 3 didn't it?  So pick guys to form the ba$tard Blues. 

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
It is F**king ridiculous, who is on the match review commitee ?

Billy's Mum
Billy's Dad
Craig Bellamy
oh and Eddie Maguire, because it would look silly with just the other 3 :)

So NSW may/will be without Hayne, Lewis, Watmough and Lyon. Going to be tough to pick a side now.

Slater did not make connect.  How can you be charged when no contact was made?  I dislike Slater as much as the next guy but after seeing the footage you could not charge him. 

Chip & Chase link said:
So NSW may/will be without Hayne, Lewis, Watmough and Lyon. Going to be tough to pick a side now.
Yeah, because they have formed the nucleus of the all conquering Blues sides of the last 4yrs.............Oh,hang on.............. :D

what about the sliding tackle that made contact with the knees ?
he has been in trouble for that before and continues with that tactic

Slater did make contact, not as much as he was after, but the light contact he made would have been as forceful as Hayne's 'headbutt'

Joke

Ahhh because had Slater been charged and suspended the Melbourne Storm legal case would include a section where the NRL forced the Storm to field a side beneath the salary cap as a response to fans from every other NRL club demanding action be taken. Therefore showing the NRL's bias against Melbourne.  :D

Slater is as guilty as sin and should be charged. So should Hayne. This is a joke of a decision. NRL is losing any credibility left. Flabbergasted.

Mind you, Hayney will challenge the charge and get let off. It is all orchestrated.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:

smsmileys32.gif

Jethro link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=183529.msg265699#msg265699 date=1275880764]

smsmileys32.gif

[/quote]

[img=400x257]http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/10/08/storm_wideweb__470x303,0.jpg[/img]

Garts link said:
Slater did not make connect.  How can you be charged when no contact was made?  I dislike Slater as much as the next guy but after seeing the footage you could not charge him. 

yeah but he should be done with intent atleast,,  just because slater missed him from point blank range should exonerate him he tried but failed he should be charged for trying..

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4