Just a thought regarding Kieran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
Do any of you believe, as I do, that Kieran was helped in his decision to re-sign with Manly because, ironically, he has been out injured and we have been playing his older brother in first-grade. A guy, who by all accounts, was not rated at all, not least by people like Andrew Johns.

It may have had a slight influence on his decision, knowing that Manly see both brothers in our future plans, ala the Stewart brothers all those years' ago...

Just a thought..

Certainly hasn't hurt to have his brother here but is Liam at NRL standard. A fill in yes but a regular 5/8 or half I doubt it. Maybe a bench hooker role like Dunley and L'Estrange at best.

Playing with his brother helped the decision. But don't you think Liam would have had a better chance of a regular first grade spot at the dogs?

mickqld said:
Certainly hasn't hurt to have his brother here but is Liam at NRL standard. A fill in yes but a regular 5/8 or half I doubt it. Maybe a bench hooker role like Dunley and L'Estrange at best.

When all fit, a bench player at the very best. I'm fairly certain he cannot play hooker and is only a 5/8.. so maybe he could revert to hooker, ala Michael Monaghan... in order to get some game time.

Dan79 said:
Playing with his brother helped the decision. But don't you think Liam would have had a better chance of a regular first grade spot at the dogs?

Perhaps... but not from what I witnessed from Reynolds on Friday.

Ok so let me get this straight. Liam has a better chance of playing at Manly because of Reynolds at the dogs? I think most see Liam as a backup half and possible utility player. I think he would have had a better chance getting a regular bench spot at the dogs. Manly are now a champion team team full of champion players. Dogs are average at best. I hope Liam stays. The brother thing is a good think and I see he has some value if he plays to his strengths. Kicking and defense.

I'm thinking the most influence in both DCE and Foran staying at Manly is their girlfriends. What girl wouldn't want to live on the Northern Beaches. The fact they both are both Besties ...as they say... may have also been an important factor.

It's well documented how much Jamie's wife loves it here and now they are looking at building a new home in Warriewood. As much as Lyons would love to go bush I think his wife has other intentions.

Dan79 said:

i think we've got liam for at least another year

Oneyeagle said:
I'm thinking the most influence in both DCE and Foran staying at Manly is their girlfriends. What girl wouldn't want to live on the Northern Beaches. The fact they both are both Besties ...as they say... may have also been an important factor.

It's well documented how much Jamie's wife loves it here and now they are looking at building a new home in Warriewood. As much as Lyons would love to go bush I think his wife has other intentions.

Despite us not being a great club financially, we are lucky to be positioned in such a great area. I'm sure its the reason why a lot of players have stayed with us.

Ceagle said:
Oneyeagle said:

Despite us not being a great club financially, we are lucky to be positioned in such a great area. I'm sure its the reason why a lot of players have stayed with us.

Absolutely. Huge factor. Very special place the Insular Peninsular

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6