Just Do It.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fifita made a **** of himself on multiple occaisions the 2013 World Cup Tour.

His papers were stamped never to tour again.

Don't doubt it at all - but if that's the case, the NRL should come right out and say that.

But of course, that would then open the can of worms about how many other players in that squad have also made total d*cks of themselves in public, on numerous occasions, and still got picked.

Firstly,Meninga and co have drawn a line in the sand at this moment in time.He was not coach back then so he is setting a precedence from here forward.Secondly,Fifita is not in trouble with the NRL for consorting,that is a police matter.The issue that has caused his non selection is the arm band with the initials on them.He is supporting a convicted killer in a public arena.NRL,at this stage,don't have a problem with him visiting his mate in jail.How do you think the parents of the young bloke that was killed feel about a public display of support?

If Meninga wants to set that precedent, fine - but the question then needs to be asked: why are other players with chequered pasts being allowed to tour? Maybe we should look at Radradra instead - innocent until proven guilty, right? And yet, you've got a guy who has been a mainstay in Qld and Aus sides for years who has actually completed court-ordered anger management training due to his previous dabbling in domestic violence. You've got guys who have been busted with other people's prescription drugs, guys who have done all manner of unsavoury stuff out on the p*ss - still in the squad.

So where's the line in the sand, and where's the consistency?

The other stuff, they can hope goes away...
Murder, however, seems to have some sort of stigma attached to it! Especially the coward punch variety?

How do you think the parents of the young bloke that was killed feel about a public display of support?

Had the media not been tipped off about Fifita's strapping, they, like everyone else, would not have had any idea about it.

Clearly there's an innocent party in all of this (Thomas Kelly) and a guilty party (Loveridge). But he has family also, who were apparently concerned enough about him being suicidal that they contacted his mates about it. Who knows what his family situation is, but I doubt they're jumping for joy at how their son has f@cked up his life either. Feeling desperately sorry for the Kelly family doesn't mean you can't have a tiny shred of compassion for the family members on the other side of the ledger either.

The other stuff, they can hope goes away...
Murder, however, seems to have some sort of stigma attached to it! Especially the coward punch variety?

Sure. But footy players are often not from the best family/social backgrounds, and there's an element of 'there but for the grace of God go I' about seeing a mate you grew up with doing some hard time for what was basically a single act of madness - I don't think Fifi is a particularly smart or insightful individual, but somewhere in his lizard brain he possibly realises it could easily be him behind bars, if not for his footballing ability.

Bear in mind also, Loveridge is not doing life without parole - he's going to be released at some stage, and will still be a relatively young man when that happens. Purely for society's sake, isn't it better that he has support from family and friends around him, who might encourage him to turn his life around while he's in prison and not be a bitter, twisted menace to the public when he gets out?

I'm ok with the stance the NRL have taken. Fifita used NRL and his privileged position to make a statement. I can understand if he had privately supported Kieran but the NRL expects players to toe the line if they are going to receive massive pay cheques. It is the NRL that defies out the money that pays the players.

The line has been drawn .. just wish JT would shut his mouth. It just makes him look like a hypocrite.

This says it all.

I have been told (yes I know, but it is fairly reliable) that the Sharks are just waiting for a screw up or something like this. A good Player he is, but he carries a sh1tload more baggage than we all know about.

I mean, would Joe Public have had any idea what the initials on Fifi's strapping meant if it hadn't been blown up by the media?!

But that's the point!
If he wasn't an NRL player on TV every week we wouldn't know what it meant, just like we wouldn't know if Todd Carney does party tricks in the toilets, or if Mitchell Pearce or Joel Monaghan like dogs or.....

But that's the point!
If he wasn't an NRL player on TV every week we wouldn't know what it meant, just like we wouldn't know if Todd Carney does party tricks in the toilets, or if Mitchell Pearce or Joel Monaghan like dogs or.....

But what do all the random letters, drawings and words on other players' strapping every week mean? Sure, they make a feel-good story out of some of them in the paper, and it wasn't hard to read Matthew Lodge's contribution for yourself, but there are plenty of other cryptic ones or random names every single week. They've beaten this one up because it's the biggest click bait.

But that's the point!

And it was quite cute how Josh Addo-Carr did the 'handcuff' gesture every time he scored a try this year, as a shout out to the relatives and friends he has in gaol. Guess he's done himself out of any rep footy in the future as well.

But what do all the random letters, drawings and words on other players' strapping every week mean? Sure, they make a feel-good story out of some of them in the paper, and it wasn't hard to read Matthew Lodge's contribution for yourself, but there are plenty of other cryptic ones or random names every single week. They've beaten this one up because it's the biggest click bait.
That young NSW guy who had C#NT on his arm was pretty clear....lol

Well there's one thing the NRL should implement before the start of the 2017 season across all grades of footy under their control. Ban any kind of writing on any apparel u wear in a game, be it a headband, sweatband, bandage whatever. Right now there's a lot of grey area in terms of what's appropriate, what's not, 'what if no one knew what it meant' etc etc so take away the ambiguity and ban the lot of it. Who and what u support personally do it personally and keep footy out of it. That would mean one less drama to worry about.

I have been told (yes I know, but it is fairly reliable) that the Sharks are just waiting for a screw up or something like this. A good Player he is, but he carries a sh1tload more baggage than we all know about.

Well they could have done something when he was guts deep in the FKL furore but conveniently let that slide till they won the Comp. Now they have something in the trophy cabinet if anyone in Sharks admin had any brains or awareness of their embarrassing lack of credibility they'd offload di**head real quick.

Well they could have done something when he was guts deep in the FKL furore but conveniently let that slide till they won the Comp. Now they have something in the trophy cabinet if anyone in Sharks admin had any brains or awareness of their embarrassing lack of credibility they'd offload di**head real quick.

I doubt they could've done anything a) because it's not against the law OR currently banned by the NRL (although I agree all writing on strapping etc should be banned, said that weeks ago - its part of a work uniform, basically), and

b) the NRL still haven't completed their 'investigation' into the saga.

Cronulla would've most likely opened themselves up for a lawsuit by sacking him over it. If they'd decided that him and his brother threatening junior league officials was the last straw, on the other hand...

I doubt they could've done anything a) because it's not against the law OR currently banned by the NRL (although I agree all writing on strapping etc should be banned, said that weeks ago - its part of a work uniform, basically), and

b) the NRL still haven't completed their 'investigation' into the saga.

Cronulla would've most likely opened themselves up for a lawsuit by sacking him over it. If they'd decided that him and his brother threatening junior league officials was the last straw, on the other hand...
Hmmmm fair points . If he was moved on it would be interesting what clubs would be keen. I know there are a few serial offenders who have zero regard re the character of their players but gee I dunno with this dood. I see him going to rugby. He's said before he'd happily leave if there was extra coin to be had.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6