Just for fun- World cup 2013 teams analysis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cliffhanger

Reserve Grader
How would you guys analyse the following scenarios:

1. Manly vs England?

2. If France was playing in the NRL where would they seat?

3. Can Papua new Guinea beat the parramatta eels team of 2013?

4. Please feel free to discuss other combo's.

1. I think the Manly full strength team 2013 will beat England. If we have our full squad with Kingey, Fa'aso and Smokin Joe available, Manly could in theory be ranked #3 in the world cup behind australia and NZ (assuming Chezza and Fozza was playing for manly and not oz and nz respectively and Kite and Taufua was not playing for Tonga. Some here would even argue we can beat NZ, with the roosters players dominant in their team.

2. I reckon France would struggle in the NRl. They are just hovering at #7 in the superleague (catalan Dragons) and I believe will be at the bottom of the NRL tables.

3.Definitely I think with Jarryd Hayne and fui fui parra will beat Papua new guinea, with the only notable players with NRL experience being Neville costigan and James Segeyaro.Paul Aiton is the only other notable player in that squad.

Manly v eng. manly by 10 (if played in our conditions, dry track and 20deg+)
France v tigers would be a 36 all draw so bottom 8
Parra v png? Gee it's hard to pick the 2013 eels to win anything. Big Mal would though out coach sticky yet again so png 46 parra 40.

manlyfan76 said:
Manly v eng. manly by 10 (if played in our conditions, dry track and 20deg+)
France v tigers would be a 36 all draw so bottom 8
Parra v png? Gee it's hard to pick the 2013 eels to win anything. Big Mal would though out coach sticky yet again so png 46 parra 40.

yep, i with you there 76.

BTW:Tonga and Somoa would rock in the NRL and would perhaps be on the fringe or even be in the top 8?

I'm looking forward to the coverage.
I was thinking, would'nt it be great if the USA one day could challenge Oz,NZ and the poms. That would be great for the game.

Maybe Crowey and Jackman can make a movie together promoting the game....hahaha

Manly did beat England in 1988 , so that scenario is valid in 2013 easy :)

I think that the Fiji side will be the smokies this year.
Those guys are huge and fast and don't mind hurting the colonials :p

It all starts next Sunday our time, and I'm looking forward to hearing the 7mate Team's coverage.

The Referees are already in USA mode, with their constant allowing of forward passes from dummy half, and the final series for any tri-coloured Team of Red White and Blue :mad:

France would be the hard one. A bit like the Warriors, Catalan can be anything week to week - World beaters one day diabolical the next

Many ways it's been sad what has happened to France.
These guys should be the Brazil from soccer or the All Blacks from union of Rugby League - the perfect mixture of flair and toughness.

I'd love to see a great French team whilst alive - unfortunately missed out on the '70s team.
My Grandfather use to tell me how the French destroyed a Roo's teamin the 50's.

First USA defeated France and now Italy had a win against England.

It will surely be a cricket score when Thurston, Smith and co are thru with the Lions.

Anyone know where we can see video clips of the trials matches?

cliffhanger said:

It will surely be a cricket score when Thurston, Smith and co are thru with the Lions.

Usa and France had a stream.

You guys realise that both France and England would've rested a heap or given the likes of the Burgess Boys, Tomkins, Sinfeld, Watkins,Graham and other top name players rests after a while.
France would've been Casty, Bosc and a few others.

eagles2win said:
cliffhanger said:

Usa and France had a stream.

You guys realise that both France and England would've rested a heap or given the likes of the Burgess Boys, Tomkins, Sinfeld, Watkins,Graham and other top name players rests after a while.

yes, you can see match highlights of the trials by clicking youtube link in the RLWC13 website.

As I've posted before, Rugby League used to be the football sport of France. De Gaulle confiscated all the French RL assets and gave them to Rugby Union as he thought the French RL was aligned to the Vichy during WW2.
Would we beat them? Depends of whether Shayne Hayne was refereeing.

The Poms will hang tough & surprise a few imo, especially on home soil.
Should be the usual story where they push for 55 - 60 mins until the Aussies take charge at the back end of the game.
NZ are a legitimate threat.
Really no other teams though the Islander teams have a splash of NRL players & will be good to watch.
This Tomkins who Warriors signed is a sensation & will be a headache for every team he plays against.

eagles2win said:

England had all their Players in http://www.rlwc2013.com/

Foz also played in the Cook Island warm up, the other GF Players were rested :huh:

HappilyManly said:
eagles2win said:

England had all their Players in http://www.rlwc2013.com/

Foz also played in the Cook Island warm up, the other GF Players were rested :huh:

By rested I mean play not a lot of game time.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6