Just run that by me one more time!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think it has more to do with the way he trains than the way he plays, he seems to have fixed his lateral movement though which was alway where is was caught out in years gone by, but yes it's a shame. Can't keep everyone but he was worth keeping.

bob dylan said:
Why doesn't George Rose have a contract for 2014.

I've often come out batting for Georgie.
Has played well each time he has come on this year.
And has missed very few tackles.
And is a great clubman & larger than life personality.
Great ambassador, entertaining & quick witted.

But to play devil's advocate... how much can you pay for someone who plays the few minutes he does?

What power, what a step, what ball skills.
Teases one to think just what he could be if super fit.

God said:
I think it has more to do with the way he trains than the way he plays, he seems to have fixed his lateral movement though which was alway where is was caught out in years gone by, but yes it's a shame. Can't keep everyone but he was worth keeping.

From what I hear, despite his size he is one of the hardest trainers at the club. It's all about caps and cash

shauneagle said:
God said:

From what I hear, despite his size he is one of the hardest trainers at the club. It's all about caps and cash

I think you are spot on. How much can we afford to give him is probaly more of a problem. Maybe we see the young guys coming through as more of a priority.

Why does he get so few minutes? Is he really going to fall over after 15mins? He seems to take a bit out of the opposition as well, 3 defenders regularly on him and he's still bending the line and boy didn't we need someone to do that as sharks started to surge? Would of been interesting to give him long minutes earlier in the year to answer his so called "fitness issue". Interesting to see how he's used by scum if he goes there in 2014. I wonder about T Reds short minutes too?

I would actually like to see Big George and Kitey start next week and then inject Faoso and BJ into the mix after 20odd minutes....i don't think we have the right rotation once Kitey and BJ go off.....Buhrer and Faoso as our props versus the Burgess boys ect....

Bump my own thread.

Now knowing he is off to Storm, why didn't Manly want him? The game swung our way today when George came on.

bob dylan said:
Bump my own thread.

Now knowing he is off to Storm, why didn't Manly want him? The game swung our way today when George came on.

He always swings the game when he takes the field. I think his asking price was small cant believe we let him go.

Keep George a good bloke and a top twenty minute player but getting on a bit or keep a younger fitter player on the way up . The club made their choice.

For us to continue to enjoy the Spring Season Finals, Manly need to bring in the new bloods. Its the reality of a business that relies on the vigour of its players :cool:

George and Kitey were offered, (like Wolfie) a vastly reduced contract, it was their choice to secure their financial future.

This year demonstrates that by diluting the group with a mere handful of newbies, Manly have injected their Culture into these Players psyche, and they are now seamlessly part of our Club.

PS I hope that Wolfie is staying as he is still in his twenties, whereas Kitey and Gorgeous are now in their thirties.:angel:

Probably dce's upgrade and jamie's new contract along with plans for turbo meant not enough for George. Agree he has been great off the bench

We all love George and will watch him with fondness in Melbourne.
I wonder if Bellyache will try to remould his body shape?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4