Just watched the game again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
A few things.

I have never ever seen more blatant penalty evening up than what Robinson did in the final 20 minutes, that was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen, maybe 1 of the 6 or so penalties they got in a row were penalties and that Perry got done for a high shot when he stood there with his arm at his side and a player fell into it is beyond me, in particular that Friend didn't get sent for that!

Matai, whilst good with some big hits, was once again the cause of the Titans last try. He Ran out and missed everyone gave them an overlap and bang they are over.

You could see Manly had more in them but were trying to get Beaver across the line the whole time, had they just played their normal attacking game they probably would have been across a few more times.

The ref really was atrocious in the last 20 minutes my god he did everything he could to run Manly out!

With 20 minutes to go Robertson was instructed through his earpiece to ensure the game did not blow out and nullify the Storm's chances of chasing down the $100k for the minor premiership.

There is no doubt in my mind about it. 

I agree with you because some of those were ludicrous and after Kite's try you could see were were well and truly on top and ready to steam roll them.

Matabele link said:
With 20 minutes to go Robertson was instructed through his earpiece to ensure the game did not blow out and nullify the Storm's chances of chasing down the $100k for the minor premiership.

There is no doubt in my mind about it. 

why would they need the 100k if they are looked after so nicely by News Ltd?

Shouldn't he of given Manly all the penalties to make it look like there was no scam going on?

DVS Matt link said:

News didn't get rich by dropping $100k here and $100k there.  They are losing money on Melbourne hand over fist and so need to recoup anything they can. 

Matas is pretty right on there. If they are feeding them money constantly it is far easier to just give them the 100k at the end that lose it altogether

The penalty that was most ludicrous was the one when Perry stood on the mark and was penalised as the Tit player tried to push him back. Was a disgrace.

Canteen Worker link said:
The penalty that was most ludicrous was the one when Perry stood on the mark and was penalised as the Tit player tried to push him back. Was a disgrace.
That is one area of the game that really sh*ts me at the moment. Players are walking off the mark and gaining extra metres with nothing done about it by the refs. As soon as a defender stands their ground (Perry), they are penalised for it. Penalties should go against the attacking team for walking off the mark.
Unfortunately teams have been allowed to get away with this are of play for so long that refs penalise the defending team!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=178310.msg195335#msg195335 date=1220412902]

News didn't get rich by dropping $100k here and $100k there.  They are losing money on Melbourne hand over fist and so need to recoup anything they can. 
[/quote]

No they got rich by grubby tabloid journalism, sensualisation to grab ratings and bending the facts to support politicians that will further there agendas.

The Fox news channel in America is just one of many examples of this.

Wouldn't have thought Sarah Palin was to sensual, although Levi must have thought Piper was.

I don't think he had any ****ing idea what he was doing i think there was a period where we got something like 3 - 4 Penalties against us in a row at one time.

My take on the whole debacle was Roberston was scared the game was starting to "get out of his hands" (as he told both captains) and thought he best way to assert himself and to gain control was to blow the pea out of his whistle.

F*** W**!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4