Justin time to rescue Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Jon Geddes•
Manly Daily •
February 21, 20139:32AM

A PLAYER unwanted by the battling Parramatta Eels this season is in line to replace star forward Glenn Stewart in the Sea Eagles pack for the opening NRL game against the Broncos.

A revitalised Justin Horo is ready to step up if he gets the call from coach Geoff Toovey.

Horo believes moving to the northern beaches this season has been the best thing for his career.

"I am fresh and you feel you have to prove yourself again even though I played a fair few seasons at Parramatta," he said.

"I want to play well and achieve some of the goals I set for myself at Parramatta."

Horo has been thrown a lifeline by the Sea Eagles for 2013 when his career was in limbo.

"I was told I wasn't part of their plans in the next few years at Parramatta so I had to find a new club even though I still had another year left on my contract," Horo said.

New Sea Eagles assistant coach Brad Arthur was Eels' caretaker coach at the end of last year and put in a word for Horo.

With Stewart to miss at least the first six rounds due to a knee injury, Horo knows he has huge boots to fill.

"He has played for Australia, he has played for NSW and lot of what happens on that right edge goes through 'Gifty'," Horo said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/justin-time-to-rescue-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226582474194

I've seen him play some excellent games for the slime and also some very ordinary ones aswell.

He'll nail down a regular 1st grade spot or at least the bench if he plays to his potential consistantly.

With T dog gone and Gift out injured we are relying heavily on Horo and Fa'aoso to step up here. 2 test/origin players replaced by 2 struggling NRL first graders There are some big questions over our backrow plus Choc with his injuries as well.

In what way is Fa'aoso struggling ?

He had many good years at Newcastle then had 2 of the top sides in the comp after him as soon as he was surplus there.

You forget about Buhrer as well

Yeah ever time I watched Fa'aoso play he would terrorise the opposition he will slot in just nicely into our forward pack.
Horo is a great player also he just played in a deadbeat side like Parra.
I reckon he will surprise alot of critics.

Kiwi Eagle said:
In what way is Fa'aoso struggling ?

He had many good years at Newcastle then had 2 of the top sides in the comp after him as soon as he was surplus there.

You forget about Buhrer as well

He's always been a bench player. Comes on to do the hard yards and meters until the top line starters come back on. Good player but he's not a rep standard starter or a match winner just a tradesman but he and Horo will be replacing 2 test/origin match winning backrowers.

Faaoso is the perfect addition to the bench. And thats where he has what we need. Impact.

He and Lawrence + Horo & Lawton. All will fit in perfectly and by the end of the season we will be singing their praises.

I love that we have signed Fa'aoso. Our pack has been solid since 2007 but it's missed some sting.

I have big hopes for Horo, but I haven't seen either of the trial matches so I'm unsure if I am expecting too much from him. From what I read he didn't set the world on fire in the trials; then agin, it doesn't seem like he was alone.

We have had an excellent track record in recent years of being able to get the best out of players from other clubs. If we keep up that than Fa'aoso, Horo and Lawrence will be great additions to the team.

I think Horo has the biggest scope for improvement, Lawrence will be a key contributor each week and the use of Fa'aoso will be intriguing. I think how he plays the game will depend on the other forwards playing. Whether he is asked to be a bit more conservative in an attempt to play longer minutes and produce bigger numbers, or if he'll be told to go out and wreak havoc in short spells, baring in mind the no shoulder charge makes that harder to do.

Masked Eagle said:
We have had an excellent track record in recent years of being able to get the best out of players from other clubs. If we keep up that than Fa'aoso, Horo and Lawrence will be great additions to the team.

I think Horo has the biggest scope for improvement, Lawrence will be a key contributor each week and the use of Fa'aoso will be intriguing. I think how he plays the game will depend on the other forwards playing. Whether he is asked to be a bit more conservative in an attempt to play longer minutes and produce bigger numbers, or if he'll be told to go out and wreak havoc in short spells, baring in mind the no shoulder charge makes that harder to do.

Speaking with Parra fans and having watched him peripherally over the years, you'd think that Horo would immediately make an impact by simply improving his consistancy. I look forward to seeing him earn a regular spot in the side.

I haven't taken much notice previously of Lawrence but Titans fans indicate that they are poorer for him not being there. Perhaps the move to a top club will give him the confidence to, like Horo, consistantly ply his trade week in, week out.

Fa'aoso indicated enough over the last couple of years to suggest he's got the giblets to throw himself into his role and give opposition defences no rest once he gets on the field.

Plenty of Justins and jasons of the 70s generation. Are any modern equivalents eg jaydens playing 1st grade yet. There's a kade, a couple of coopers already I believe.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8