JWH or Cuthbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I presume King is gone, so who are we bringing in ?

For some reason, I want to go Cuthbo. I feel he will offer us a wee bit more, and may have some extra desire after missing last seasons finals

However we may end up seeing Morewood haha

Junior Palau for limited min - Big honest no frills go forward no S**t front rower - wrong time of year to do it though.

JH's form is hardly impressive @ the moment - Cuthbo is a liability

What was King's injury. I saw him stop in the tackle and go off not to return. I would rather Hall play as the fourth prop and Rodney take the other bench spot, though I am not sure how long he is out either.

Canteen Worker link said:
What was King's injury. I saw him stop in the tackle and go off not to return. I would rather Hall play as the fourth prop and Rodney take the other bench spot, though I am not sure how long he is out either.

I thought he (Rodney) was another 3 weeks off???

Canteen Worker link said:

BUsted ribs - 3-5 weeks apparantly

I would take JWH, his left to right long pass is incredible and would probably add more than cuthbo.

Though we need discipline
Whomever is the most disciplined will do

Cuthbo might be better for having additional minutes in Q Cup and might be sufficiently chastened to not throw stupid passes in our 20 (though he'd not be alone in this side in trying it regularly).  Plus the pain of being 18th man for the Premiership GF may still burn sufficiently to motivate him.

You haven
Matabele link said:
Cuthbo might be better for having additional minutes in Q Cup and might be sufficiently chastened to not throw stupid passes in our 20 (though he'd not be alone in this side in trying it regularly).  Plus the pain of being 18th man for the Premiership GF may still burn sufficiently to motivate him.

You haven't been seeing too much qld cup he plays the same game still

JWH over Cuthbo for me.

From what i've seen of Cuthbo, he's even more out of shape than before & his efforts for us this year have been pretty poor. He may add some more ball playing options to the pack than JWH would but he simply doesn't have the heart that JWH plays with anymore.

We've got plenty of players that can offload all day anyway, don't need Cuthbo there.

I watched the U20's yesterday and JWH's hitups were soft, pulled off a couple of shoulder charges and scored a try, overall he wasn't that impressive, can't say that I'll miss him.

Cuthbo has more 1st grade experience and should get the nod.

It's such a shame that Cuthbo wasn't able to maintain his early season form. At one stage he was our best front rower.

JWH only has a couple of shoulder charges to put on his highlights reel. He hasn't shown much. If he can keep his game simple than I am willing to take a gamble on him. He's a huge lad with some aggression. As long as he isn't overly enthusiastic than he could have some real worth.

I haven't seen any Qland cup and from what I've seen of JWH in the 20's lately I think Dessy has a problem. I think JWH is preoccupied with what he is going to spend his cash on from the roosters as he is not really performing as he should be. Pity Lussicks injured even thouugh he's a back rower I think he deserves a shot in 1st's.

I am yet to really see JWH make a tackle other than a shoulder charge, that is 1 of my reservations with him

I suppose we have actually discounted 1 of Dessies favourites here as well, Vic Mauro

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4