• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
From Fox Sports web site:

"When Jared Waerea-Hargreaves moved from Brookvale to Bondi it was the epitome of a steal for Sydney Roosters. After the 2009 season, Waerea-Hargreaves had only six NRL appearances to his name, but four Tests for New Zealand. In his first year with the Roosters he was a high-impact forward that was part of the fairytale run from worst to 80 minutes away from first. But now Manly are making moves to bring the New Zealand international back home. Waerea-Hargreaves hasn't been the same force in 2011, which is rather emblematic of how his side has travelled in a year that has fallen well below par. Manly, on the other hand, have surprised many with their run of hot form and a playing roster that have overachieved based on pre-season expectations. If ever there was a climate that could see the prodigal son return to the northern beaches, this would surely be it."

I told you months ago this was going to happen. He approached Des after the round 2 game. He wants back.

Can anyone tell me if a player has ever left the club and then come back? I can't think of any.

John Harvey
Des Hasler (as coach)
Rick Chisholm
Ian Thompson
Solomon Haumono
John Hopoate
Chris Montgomery

He's wanted back since 2009, this is no surprise.

Going to guess that he is a contingency plan if Nood/Rose/Kite don't end up re-signing.

Stuart Davis (Easts), Fred Jones (Tumbarumba), Rick Chisholm (Newtown), David Hosking (Souths), Daniel Harrison (Canterbury), Ian Thomson (Balmain), Owen Cunningham (Cowboys), Kevin Schubert (after retiring for a year), Ben Walker (England), Solomon Haumono (Bulldogs, wherever), Ian Martin (Sawtell), Mark Willoughby (Sawtell[?]), Chris Montgomery (Norths), Daryl Pierce (England), Lindsay Drake (Saints). There would be others.

Phil Blake was trialled for a return to the club in 1998, but decided to retire (or wasn't offered a contract) instead.

Ivan Cleary was interested in a return near the end of his career, but Manly weren't interested in offering him the money he thought he was worth.

If Des is keen then I would be happy to have JWH back. JWH certainly seems keen having made the approach so early in the season. This can only be a good thing.

The other thing I like about having Kiwis in the side is that we don't lose the good ones during origin each year.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
manlyfan76 said:
As long as he does not bring any of the roosters culture with him.

How can you bring Kings Cross accross the harbour ?

chard road?

In all seriousness, he followed the cash in whatever form that came, whether on paper of not ;)

You can't blame the kid, but I have seen nothing in his game that would leave me with any real desire to get him back in a hurry. Has big moments and goes missing for the rest of the game, overly aggressive and has some poor defensive decisions.

If he came back fine, but I am completely nonplussed on it

never wanted to leave in the first place, i remember talking with him not long after was announced he was going and without saying it direct, you could just tell it was a 'not much else of an option' type leaving. would welcome him back with open arms, only going to get better with age, could be a real leader 5 years down the track. never had a role with the rorters, but could really build towards one back in gods country.

Daniel said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
manlyfan76 said:
As long as he does not bring any of the roosters culture with him.

How can you bring Kings Cross accross the harbour ?

chard road?

In all seriousness, he followed the cash in whatever form that came, whether on paper of not ;)

You can't blame the kid, but I have seen nothing in his game that would leave me with any real desire to get him back in a hurry. Has big moments and goes missing for the rest of the game, overly aggressive and has some poor defensive decisions.

If he came back fine, but I am completely nonplussed on it
Well put-he goes out looking to put dog shots on, and carries on way too aggressive.

Remember someone on here was posting last year that Jwh was openly recruiting foran and others on behalf of the roosters? Talking up the culture etc. I thought it was claptrap at the time, as if a 21 year old with a few 1st grade games would have any influence. Glad to see he wants back to manly. The roosters are career suicide, like souths.

didn't the Roosters make the grand final last year and we got smacked out first week of the semis when the going gets serious??

bazeagle said:
Sorry JWH. Gone. Go play at the Titans or sit in the stands at Skilled to help bolster their crowd attendance figures which are in need of help in that area.

Agreed. I don't want him back. We don't need him either.

He can bring Lama tasi back with him as well.

Des will be planning for life without King and Kite in 2014

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4