Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Sea Eagles to target rising Titans star if Daly Cherry-Evans agrees to Gold Coast switch
  • JAMES HOOPER
  • THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
  • MARCH 01, 2015 12:00AM

Harrison and Michaels charged in NRL drug scandal
external

Harrison and Michaels charged in NRL dru...
THE Manly Sea Eagles intend to strike back at the Gold Coast should Daly Cherry-Evans join the Titans by targeting under 20s player of the year Kane Elgey.

The Gold Coast has tabled Cherry-Evans a $3 million three-year deal, with the Manly playmaker expected to announce his future any day.

But the Sea Eagles intend to retaliate at the Titans, attempting to poach the rookie halfback who won last year’s under 20s player of the year award despite the Gold Coast finishing second last.

HINDS: NRL MARKET AN UNSIGHTLY FREE-FOR-ALL

ORIGIN STAR HARRISON CAUGHT IN DRUG NET

MANLY STARS DESPERATE TO KEEP DCE, FORAN

938060-bae3c50a-bf19-11e4-83e4-6c2c60814a51.jpg

Manly will target under-20s player of the year Kane Elgey if Daly Cherry-Evans joins the Titans.

Manly remain adamant they are still fighting to retain star halves Cherry-Evans and Foran, but both appeared poised to leave at various stages of the past seven days.

While DCE is favoured to join Gold Coast since the NRL stepped in to take control of the club, Foran is the subject of a four-year $4.7 million offer from the Parramatta Eels.

Given the Sea Eagles travel to Pirtek Stadium next Friday night for their opening match of the season, it places the Kiwi five-eighth in an extremely delicate position.

Report: Titans covered up five positive drug tests
external

Eagles to swoop if DCE joins TitansCOMMENTS

He is a good player this kid and someone for the future, I would astonished if he left his native Queensland at this stage. Certainly one to consider if DCE goes.

That kid is a weapon. Plays like Cronk, or a similar style. Id take him in a heartbeat. They will make him the 5/8 though, and pay him plenty as well.

He is a good player this kid and someone for the future, I would astonished if he left his native Queensland at this stage. Certainly one to consider if DCE goes.

I have no doubt he will leave why would he sit behind DCE when he is getting a shot at first grade some where else. He was very close to leaving at the end of last season. Looks like a player the GC have stuffed around and now the DCE stuff if we came knocking I sure he would leave
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s-and-kane-elgey/story-fnj9yd9w-1227048893405

He'd be a great buy whether DCE leaves or not and if he wants a premiership the Titans is'nt the place to be. Training with Joey would have to be a big drawcard too.

I have a feeling they got that rumour off our forum.

But none the less, I would be happy if DCE left and we had Elgey and Foran in the halves. Daly is not a popular member of our team, but Foz is well liked by all.

I have a feeling they got that rumour off our forum.

But none the less, I would be happy if DCE left and we had Elgey and Foran in the halves. Daly is not a popular member of our team, but Foz is well liked by all.

Can you point me 2 a quote from a player other than watmough who doesn't like DCE? Or are you basing this off media reports?

Just another beat up story based on speculation.
James most likely got this story from here.
Sure Manly if in this position will have a plan B.

From the short video clip of "highlights" seems to have ball playing variation going right to left but awkward limited ball playing left to right other than a decent show and go.(My biggest pet hate is ballplayers only looking dangerous with both hands out front on their strongest side)

Has excellent potential I like what I see. (Highlight packages are just that though and we all know we have 10 seconds of class in us all lol)

Seems to be down to earth and reasonably well spoken(well spoken or at least give the impression of a deep thinker are important elements in a long term effective half) hopefully we get him down to Manly before he floods all of his skin with Tattoos and is just another half doing the rounds with potential.

A bit worrying he already has knee/leg issues but they might not be serious---would rather do the swap with DCE now top up Foran and be done with.

Not saying he is better than DCE(does show a more varied at least on his strongest side ballplaying variation at the same age period) DCE has a strong pass both ways in terms of strength but has been limited due to our structures to show case a more rounded passing game.

From the short video clip of "highlights" seems to have ball playing variation going right to left but awkward limited ball playing left to right other than a decent show and go.(My biggest pet hate is ballplayers only looking dangerous with both hands out front on their strongest side)

Has excellent potential I like what I see. (Highlight packages are just that though and we all know we have 10 seconds of class in us all lol)

Seems to be down to earth and reasonably well spoken(well spoken or at least give the impression of a deep thinker are important elements in a long term effective half) hopefully we get him down to Manly before he floods all of his skin with Tattoos and is just another half doing the rounds with potential.

A bit worrying he already has knee/leg issues but they might not be serious---would rather do the swap with DCE now top up Foran and be done with.

Not saying he is better than DCE(does show a more varied at least on his strongest side ballplaying variation at the same age period) DCE has a strong pass both ways in terms of strength but has been limited due to our structures to show case a more rounded passing game.

Awww, you beat me to it, TC. That's exactly what I was going to say.

Can you point me 2 a quote from a player other than watmough who doesn't like DCE? Or are you basing this off media reports?

Where there's smoke, there's fire. I've heard enough rumblings to put two and two together.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. I've heard enough rumblings to put two and two together.

Wow if we go by that theory does that mean Foz has signed with the eels? I'm not saying DCE isn't a piece of crap (I have never been his team mate) it just doesn't add up 2 me. Foz is this supposedly loved player by everyone yet for the second time in his career is having 2 be talked out of quitting our club (great team mate and captaincy material) and the player who is supposedly hated (or disliked) by his team mates may re sign. I know I would turn down 1 million dollars a season 2 stay at a club that my team mates supposedly hate me. I just don't follow the media script which is DCE is the devil and Foz is Jesus Christ the truth is BOTH have destabilised our club.

Agree with TC re this guy. Seen a fair bit of him and he is better than DCE was in the 20s. Having said that DCE 'S rapid improvement post the 20s was staggering to most people who saw him as a junior (except Dave Warwick thankfully).I must admit I am a little surprised he hasn't been linked with more clubs given the dearth of halves around.

Wow if we go by that theory does that mean Foz has signed with the eels? I'm not saying DCE isn't a piece of crap (I have never been his team mate) it just doesn't add up 2 me. Foz is this supposedly loved player by everyone yet for the second time in his career is having 2 be talked out of quitting our club (great team mate and captaincy material) and the player who is supposedly hated (or disliked) by his team mates may re sign. I know I would turn down 1 million dollars a season 2 stay at a club that my team mates supposedly hate me. I just don't follow the media script which is DCE is the devil and Foz is Jesus Christ the truth is BOTH have destabilised our club.

I'm just voicing my opinion. Based on what i've seen, read, and/or heard, I don't get the impression that Daly is overly popular with the playing group, but you only ever hear great things said about Foz.

Agree with TC re this guy. Seen a fair bit of him and he is better than DCE was in the 20s. Having said that DCE 'S rapid improvement post the 20s was staggering to most people who saw him as a junior (except Dave Warwick thankfully).I must admit I am a little surprised he hasn't been linked with more clubs given the dearth of halves around.
Intelligent well spoken halves usually progress faster and are always looking to improve their game, not just rely on what has worked since the age of 10 against poor opponents and become predictable/limited with major technical flaws that get showed up in the NRL.

game.

He has the best yutube video since Aaron Groom

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4