• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Who else found themselves smiling slightly at news Todd Carney has rejected Cronulla's initial contract extension offer and other clubs are circling?

I certainly did considering Phil Rothfield's enjoyment at making up stories regarding possible departures of Manly players.

Carney may well stay at the Sharks but I get some comfort in the knowledge that somewhere there is a bitter and balding old man feeling very nervous at the prospect of him leaving the Shire.

Go Manly!

The sharkies will be struggling to hold off offers from cashed up clubs like tits, para and the riff.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Stevo said:
I'll put $1000 down that he ends up at the titans. They need playmakers.

He would go off on the Gold Coast! Not on the field but on the strip.

Carney is signed sealed and delivered to Penrith. It's a done deal, but Phil Gould is waiting for Cronulla to announce it out of respect for the club.

It's absolute fact I tell you, the Telegraph will be reporting it in a day or two. He will partner Thurston in 2014.

Fact I say, I wouldn't just make something like that up you know. I have read it somewhere reliable, I have spoken to someone who is in the know and they told me so........I think I did anyway. :D

If he walks, Cronulla would be entitled to be dirty. I couldn't give a rat's about the Sharks, but they were the only club left that would even talk to this bloke.

I've got no problems with players seeking out the best deals for themselves, but for me, this is a little different. The Sharks are the reason he is even able to contemplate a bigger contract. If they'd wiped him, he'd be playing with the Picton Pumpkin Pickers with no future.

IMO, he owes them enough not to even consider rival offers.

I've met the guy aswell and he's pretty tight with Carney. Not Penrith, but there's been a few other clubs who have made big dollar bids for his services. Penrith are after JT.

Mate of mine is a ex player with the Sharks, still in contact with most of them up there, word is Todd will be signing elsewhere, apparently he has fallen out with a Senior player there

I heard about two weeks ago that Penrith had Mateo signed up aswell.

Carney thurston and mateo in he panthers lineup. Woah.

Who is gonna play fullback for the panthers this year ralphie? Moylan? Whare? Roberts? Mansour?

Pennies have got some great junior talent coming thru, if they land all these big signings, they will be a force.

Stevo said:
I'll put $1000 down that he ends up at the titans. They need playmakers.

Why would they buy a playmaker, the haven't had one since Wally Lewis.

The Titans won't sign him. If they had spoken to him or his manager at all their CEO would have already posted some cryptic comment on their forum like "we will soon be announcing the signing of an alcoholic former Raiders half, but I can't reveal who is is at this stage".

Those of you on Twitter and not Blocked by Rothfield should be hammering him on this.

Might jump on and make some stuff up about seeing Todd at Coolangatta airport with Paul Gallen and David May and Matt Rogers.

mosto said:
If he walks, Cronulla would be entitled to be dirty. I couldn't give a rat's about the Sharks, but they were the only club left that would even talk to this bloke.

I've got no problems with players seeking out the best deals for themselves, but for me, this is a little different. The Sharks are the reason he is even able to contemplate a bigger contract. If they'd wiped him, he'd be playing with the Picton Pumpkin Pickers with no future.

IMO, he owes them enough not to even consider rival offers.

I can't say I agree.

The Sharks got Todd for a bargain basement price because of his off-field dramas and he delivered for them.

Good luck to him if his recent better record on and off the field has made him more valuable.

It would be nice to think he would stay at the Sharks for less (and I would like to most of our squad would stay with us for less money too), but I don't think he really owes the Sharks anything more than he has already given them.

I think he is entitled to see what he is worth on the open market and do the best he can for himself.

Yer ralphies "sauce" is my mates cousins best friends hairdresser it's true ,it's because carneys mrs is from the riff that way they can be closer together ,it's true I tells ya ;) :) :) :) :) :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4