Keep your Inglis/Slaters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Snake Stewart is the best No 1 in the game.
Maybe not as strong as Inglis or dynamic as Slater but his allroung game is the best out there.
This includes defence , positional play, making good decisions, reliability, guts, setting up supports, outstanding backup play & what many dont talk about - his constant communication to his team from the back - the best ever & this is a massive play particularly in the big games.
Again heard fox sports giving best wishes to retiring Matt Bowen this morn & saying he was up with the 2 best fullbacks - Slater & Inglis - never seem to mention Stewart on the same level but would not consider trading him for any of them.
Hope after he leads the Seaeagles from the back again to victory in 2013 he gets his deserved recognition.

MK Eagle, valid points all round....

I think Brett's leadership in the squad counts for a great deal and his organization from the back is IMO, better than Slater's.

I think one key thing we should touch on is Snake's mental toughness. Despite the injury setbacks, having his name tarnished in the papers and lack of support by Gallop, he has come back time and time again.

Safest number 1 in the NRL.

Wouldnt prefer anyone else.

Would not swap him for anyone.
Watched the replay of Saturdays game, in the second half we had a scrum on the Storm line, he packed in at lock and then read the play, flew across the line and save a try on the other wing. He is the best by far.

Snake is NOT a dirty player. In any way. He does NOT kick people in the face, he does NOT take dives. Also, he does NOT poke his tounge out when he scores a try. He is not arrogant and he IS a team player.

I can only remember one incident on the field in all these 10 years where he did anything 'unprovoked' and he got a week suspension for elbowing - Merrit i think it was.

He is as safe as a bank under pressure, he's still fast, still assisting tries and still scoring heaps of them. With him in form, our chances of taking the title are much better than 1 in 4.

I think the 2 things in the last couple of years that have stood out for me with Snake is

1) His passing and ability to put centres/wingers in to score (some beautiful try assists in recent years)
2) His defence, he just puts his body on the line, and his positional play to do this is first class.

And every year we keep getting told he's lost pace etc etc, and whilst he isn't quite as quick as he was, he is still bl**dy quick when he puts the hammer down.

^ He is still so damn quick, I agree.

T'was watching the replay against the storm and a couple of times he just seems to glide up in support.

When Lawrence made his break, you could see how hard his lil ol legs were pumping, and in about 4-5 strides snake was up there supporting (couldn't quite get the pass away.)

It'd be nice just once to feel how awesome being that fast would be, but I'll settle for loving watching him play.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2