Kerry sibraa gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says a lot if a former politician can't handle the situation. He would have partaken in some pretty full on factional fisticuffs in his day as well as your standard political staple diet of cheating, lying and backstabbing.

If Delmege and the Penns have gotten to the stage where they have frustrated an old hand like Sibraa than things must be bad. I won't say that maybe this is the wake up call they need, as obviously neither of the selfish pr!cks will take it that way. Probably just view it as an opportunity to strengthen their position with a new board member.

If these guys are trying to run a professional club they could try getting the help of a mediation service to try to sort out all the bull****. It's having the ultimate negative influence on the team and the fans. In this years competition all clubs with management issues aren't performing. The suits need to sort themselves out and stop being stubborn 5 year olds. Uppercuts all round.

AGAIN...two sides to the story,I spoke with Kerry a while ago and he said he planned to resign from the board in 2009 and let a "younger guy with some passion" step up into the role. He said he has served the board for many years and feels he has done his job.... does this information come from a statement he has released OR a media "beat up"?????

And after posting this, I read the News item...so now I don't know what to beleive....but from the horses mouth I can assure you he said to me he was planning on stepping down.

I am aware there has been some "angst" from the FC when the Sea Eagles took the FC membership option off their membership forms (read into that whatever you want)....but it has surprised me that Kerry would come out with a "blast" on his departure when he had every intention of stepping down anyway!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
AGAIN...two sides to the story,I spoke with Kerry a while ago and he said he planned to resign from the board in 2009 and let a \"younger guy with some passion\" step up into the role. He said he has served the board for many years and feels he has done his job.... does this information come from a statement he has released OR a media \"beat up\"?????

That may well be the case Mark, but the issue should have been managed by the club with a press release explaining why Sibraa was resigning his position.

The way it has been done has allowed for the media to report it iany way they want and just inflict even more damage on both the Manly brand and its supporters.

Well he is an old stager so maybe he thought the "blast" might shake a few people up and was doing what he thought was best for the club, just didn't want to waste an opportunity like any good bottom feeder (I mean politician) and meekly retire.

The telegraph states today that Delmege will sell his shareholding to Penn but he wants $6m and Penn is only willing to offer $3m. 

This sounds like what the fight is all about with mayer being the meat in the sandwich because he is on Penn's side. 

It also indicates that Delmege is assets rich but cash flow poor and probably needs the $6m.

tookey link said:
The telegraph states today that Delmege will sell his shareholding to Penn but he wants $6m and Penn is only willing to offer $3m. 

This sounds like what the fight is all about with mayer being the meat in the sandwich because he is on Penn's side. 

It also indicates that Delmege is assets rich but cash flow poor and probably needs the $6m.

Pay the 6mil Scott and end this debacle.

If I was max I would take the cash on offer as he will never get that type of money again from penn or anybody else.  If Penn walks Max might get stuck with eveything and cost him more millions which I doubt he has available now to spend on footy.

byso link said:
  so what happens now, do the members vote a replacement or the board?
to answer you byso
we as members would vote for kerrys replace on the FC board at the end of the year, then the 7 board members we elect will nominate 2 of them to be on the MWSE board.

Chip & Chase link said:
Well he is an old stager so maybe he thought the \"blast\" might shake a few people up and was doing what he thought was best for the club, just didn't want to waste an opportunity like any good bottom feeder (I mean politician) and meekly retire.

that is extremely offensive C&C.

I have 2 long fin albino bristlenoses that are the most spectacular fish in my tank

Mark from Brisbane link said:
And after posting this, I read the News item...so now I don't know what to beleive....but from the horses mouth I can assure you he said to me he was planning on stepping down.

I am aware there has been some \"angst\" from the FC when the Sea Eagles took the FC membership option off their membership forms (read into that whatever you want)....but it has surprised me that Kerry would come out with a \"blast\" on his departure when he had every intention of stepping down anyway!!!

Mark, I trust and take in good faith what you have been told however something is up and all is not well no matter how its sugar coated. If Sibraa was going to resign in 09 he must being feeling pretty passionate about something being not right to release this kind of statement.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=180566.msg225537#msg225537 date=1243551967]
Well he is an old stager so maybe he thought the \"blast\" might shake a few people up and was doing what he thought was best for the club, just didn't want to waste an opportunity like any good bottom feeder (I mean politician) and meekly retire.

that is extremely offensive C&C.

I have 2 long fin albino bristlenoses that are the most spectacular fish in my tank
[/quote]

You are a weird man child fluffy

swoop link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180566.msg225543#msg225543 date=1243554644]

[/quote]

I wonder if Penn has put the same offer to Delmege - pay Penn $3m and he can have all the shares?  Penn should do this and say pay up or shut up max.  

tookey link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180566.msg225544#msg225544 date=1243555407]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180566.msg225543#msg225543 date=1243554644]

[/quote]

I wonder if Penn has put the same offer to Delmege - pay Penn $3m and he can have all the shares?  Penn should do this and say pay up or shut up max. 
[/quote]

The problem is that Max might come up with the 3mil what then??

How about a binding agreement that the lowest bidder sells to the highest bidder for the highest bid amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4