Kieran Foran praises teammate Anthony Watmough’s toughness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles hardman Kieran Foran says he is mesmerised by the toughness of teammate Anthony Watmough as he prepares to play in tomorrow’s grudge match against the Bulldogs at Brookvale carrying a tor
Anthony+Watmough+R7mT8lFLtVrm1.jpg
n bicep.

While virtually all NRL players take the field carrying injuries at this stage of the season, Foran believes that Watmough has a different pain threshold to any other player he has encountered.

“I think he is one of the toughest players in the game, he is certainly the toughest player in this club,“ Foran said.

“I can’t wrap the bloke enough.”

Foran, who himself has proved himself to be one of the NRL’s fiercest competitors, witnesses first hand the courage that Watmough shows each week.

“You might not see it from an outsider point of view but we see the sort of pain he walks in with at halftime and when he walks in at fulltime.

“He just picks himself up and puts in those 80 minute performances week in-week out that you are kind of mesmerised by the bloke’s toughness.

“I know I am, I know it inspires me and I am sure it inspires all our other young forwards.”

He said they want to build on the culture that players like Watmough, Jason King and Brent Kite have built at Narrabeen.

“And Choc will show that again on Friday when he takes the field with a torn bicep,” Foran said.

“That’s what I mean, he is continually setting the standards saying to blokes ‘well if I am going to get out here with a torn bicep and put my body on the line, well let’s all do it’.

He said that sums up the sort of leader Watmough and speaks volumes.

While Watmough is expected to play, it is less certain if half-back Daly Cherry-Evans will be fit.

Foran said his knee was feeling good after making his comeback from six weeks out with a knee injury last Sunday against the Broncos.

“I gave it plenty of time to recover and it pulled through the game fine,” he said.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/kietan-foran-praises-teammate-anthony-watmoughs-toughness/story-fngr8iii-1226943191295

SEA Eagles hardman Kieran Foran says he is mesmerised by the toughness of teammate Anthony Watmough as he prepares to play in tomorrow’s grudge match against the Bulldogs at Brookvale carrying a torn bicep.

Read More

Super Choc to play and DCE in doubt.? Could that be the grounds for a possible riff? Probably not. Almost every player in the maroon and white is bloody tough to my mind and are real heroes. There are only one or two who need to step up but overall they are one super team on toughness to me.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6