Killers future - poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killers future 2016

• Move to 5/8

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • Stay at centre

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Retire

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Dont know but we need him somewhere with his experience and captaincy

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters

Killer03

Bencher
There's been a lot of talk on here about Killers future. So what do people see for 2016? I'm assuming Foran is gone. Personally I'm going for the 5/8 option as I think that makes room for the younger guns and killer can make up for his reducing speed there. The only concern to me is his body holding up.

The challenge for Killer is, will his body allow him to play much longer? There is no doubt he has slowed down a yard or so but his experience and calmness are vital to the team.

I hope he can adapt his game and play longer, logic tells me that he has a big decision to make at the end of this season.

Killer was one who was gracefully getting better with age, and then it was just like 'BANG', his body fell apart overnight.

I say move him to 5/8 next year which will probably be less taxing on his body. Of course, that would depend on whether the club signs a 5/8 or if Foran happens to stay rather than go to the Speels.

It would also free up the right centre position for either Hiku (who I would suggest has the inside running being the current Kiwi centre) or Gutho.

I think his best 5/8 days are behind him to be honest. Centre is his best bet moving forward I feel. Hard to get a read on where he is at in terms of ability to continue to compete at NRL level because he has been hampered by injury. Fully fit he is still our best centre I think, not that we have a massive amount of depth in that department.

He should play out his career as a 5/8 too slow as a centre now... I have said it before when was the last time he made a bust and run 50 meters to score a try, its been a while.

He is still lightning quick between the ears and our best option at 5/8 . We have Gutherson and Tom Turbo that are ready for NRL action in the backline and Lyon at centre will be holding them back .We need to spend the money available on a tough forward that actually goes forward

He's 33. I reckon it's a 50/50 call whether he can play one last year next year. I can't remember too many 34 year old outside backs who were still playing really well. Chicka Ferguson is one that comes to mind.

If he does keep going he will have to train in the pool or the bike more then he ever has to get as fit as he can without putting stress on his body doing too much running and do twice as much core strength and flexibility work as he has ever done before to give himself the best chance of minimising these muscle tears which as we know start to occur more and more into your 30's.

5/8 definitely. We need someone there who will bleed for this club instead of the selfish pea heart we have now. Plus we need speed out wide. Tom T & Guth to bulk up but keep their pace is a must. As for Hiku I just don't know with him. He's turning into a rocks or diamonds player. Not seeing enough individual brilliance to put him up there as a must player yet.

He should at least start the season '16 in the 5/8 position, because it looks as though that's where he will be needed. He is a true club man and he will be happy to serve where he is needed - he is that type of guy. Too slow to be a centre in the same comp as Dylan Walker, Ferguson, Jennings, J Morris, etc.

But let's face it, a new coaching team with new ideas may have a strategy for 5/8 that none on here have thought of. It will all depend on future injuries, future availability, future form and a future coach.

Justin Hodges is 33, he is playing great, i dont think our pre season was too good as a result we have had a lot of injuries, lyon at center next season

I think Killer's move to 5/8 would be the best option if we dont get in another 5/8 and Foran goes (which i believe he will )
To put someone with less experience into 5/8 just weakens the team . we have more strength options in Killers centre position with Hiku Gutho , compared to what we have for 5/8

Given the season we've had, I'm not ready to face next year without him. Love his passion. Love his footy intelligence. Love his laid back attitude combined with must win on the field. Love his ability to stay above the bull**** playground stuff of others. Love the bloke.

The same people writing Lyon's death certificate now were also signing Matais a couple of weeks back. Zero reason why Lyon won't come back the same way Matai has

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4