King and Taufua charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Sea Eagles pair Jason King and Jorge Taufua have been charged by the NRL's match review committee following the sides loss to Parramatta on Friday night.

King was put on report for a high tackle against Tepai Moeroa in the 42nd and has since been charged with a Grade Two - Careless which has a base penalty of 125 points.

As he has had a prior but non-similar offence in the past two season, a 20% loading has been placed on the charge meaning even with the Early Plea, the stalwart is likely to miss the final home game of the season on Sunday unless he is successful in having the charge down-graded at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

Meanwhile, winger Jorge Taufua has been hit with a Grade 1 Dangeours Contact charge for making contact with Will Hopoate in the 56th minute with his foot while trying to stop the former Sea Eagle from crossing the line.

The Early Plea would make Taufua available for the match this weekend.

The Club has until Midday tomorrow to enter pleas for both.

Manly Should fight for kings downgrade. Wasn't that bad.

Taufua is borderline. Whilst he didn't cause any harm, the rule does say you cant but your foot out like he did. (that being said that rule never seemed to apply to the grub slater)

I forgot about Haynes headbutt. That was deliberate and should have been flagged. No difference between that and Reynolds kicking out at 3rd Man In.

I am personally sick to death of seeing players thrash and kick around on the ground with no regards to their heads, elbows, knees and feet...all under the pretence of "earning" a quick play the ball. It shouldn't absolve you from responsibility for your actions just because you feel that you have the right to do whatever it takes to get to your feet. If you want to lash out with your feet or throw a reverse head butt at your tackler then if it makes dangerous contact you should be cited.

King suspension/injury very sad because while there's been much ado (rightly so) about Glenn's last home game, there's probably a big possibility (from what I've read) that this may also have been the last one for our old warhorse. But I guess with his declaration that he'd think about his future in the off-season it wouldn't have been a big deal. Shame, he deserves a send-off for everything he's done and it would be a surprise if he lines up again for us next year.

Trying to get a quick play the ball Hayne got off with elbowing a Raiders tackler in the head in the Darwin game. Why wouldn't he think he is allowed to do as he pleases?

Kingy may be able to argue his own case for a downgrade.

Also wasn't there a penalty try in the Warriors v Roosters game for an almost identical incident to Taufua's? No charges from that game that I can see though.

Manly's King fights high tackle charge
By Dan Walsh, Staff Writer
NRL.com
2:11pm Tue 26th August, 2014

Manly co-captain jason King is fighting his high tackle charge at the judiciary on Wednesday.

Manly's Jason King is gearing up to fight the grading of his careless high tackle charge that threatens to rub him out for a week while Penrith could be further depleted with forward Jeremy Latimore facing at least a week on the sidelines following Round 24 charges laid by the NRL.

King will contest the Grade 2 charge levelled at him for his hit on Parramatta's Tepai Meroa in a bid to be available for this Sunday's showdown with the Panthers at Brookvale. The 33-year-old will be free to play if the challenge is successful, though will not face any extra suspension if found guilty. :huh:

Teammate Jorge Taufua will be free to play after accepting a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact charge for using his feet to try to prevent a try from Will Hopoate.

Latimore meanwhile has until noon on Wednesday to enter a plea to the Grade 2 Dangerous Contact charge for his 54th-minute crusher tackle on Bryan Norrie in Monday night's loss to Melbourne. An early guilty plea would rule the back-rower out of Sunday's game, while an unsuccessful challenge would rule him out of Penrith's Round 26 game against the Warriors as well.

An early guilty plea from fellow Panther Adam Docker to a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle charge will see him avoid any suspension, while Cronulla's playing stocks have copped a further battering, with outside back Jonathan Wright rubbed out for the rest of the year by a three-week ban for a dangerous throw on Canberra's

HappilyManly said:
King will contest the Grade 2 charge levelled at him for his hit on Parramatta's Tepai Meroa in a bid to be available for this Sunday's showdown with the Panthers at Brookvale. The 33-year-old will be free to play if the challenge is successful, though will not face any extra suspension if found guilty. :huh:

If he is successful in downgrading the charge to a Grade 1 then he will only cop 75 demerit points and if the report is correct that he will be free to play if the challenge is successful then he mustn't have any carry-over points either.

So Kingy is out, but Jorge is right to play.

Which of these two would you have preferred? Myself, I think Kingy may have been of more use. Oh well :(

The whole MRC system is dumb. Why are they suspending players for accidents? If they are accidents why doesn't the all knowing MRC tell the player what to do differently next time? Or is preventing an accident impossible?

Just fine the players and let them play.

Good point the AFL has a fine system in place for such incidents I believe

master blaster said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
but hayne gets off

https://vine.co/v/MLvn27tKUm0
some players are just given the free to do what you want card, and nothing will happen to you

cmon mate

dont be so negative , after all it is the

HAYNE PLANE were talking about...:)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8